Chapter 35

"Oh, aren't the children just adorable!" Exclaimed Lilian, looking through the window that over looked the gardens that the children were playing in.

"Yes, I've never seen the twins play like this before..." Liam smiled, holding a crystal ball that recorded them.

"You always have a crystal ball on you, Liam," Victor said, with a glance.

"Yes. As you know, Trie is residing at Slade for the moment. Until the workload is low enough for Kendrick to handle, and for that reason she requested that I record the twins constantly so she can be updated," Liam explained with a flicker of sadness in his eyes.

Victor flinched at the mention of Bellatrix.

"... It has been awhile since she's been here," Lilian sighed.

Victor looked at Liam sadly.

"I heard the twins were geniuses. Just like us growing up. Our noses stuck in books, always tired in training and... We were anti-social... Not wanting to talk to anyone who couldn't catch up with our complex conversations," Victor said, staring at the kids being kids.

"Until Bellatrix taught us how to play around like normal kids," Liam laughed lightly.

"But we're happy that she wants to act like a normal child these days. And yet she still doesn't abandon her responsibilities as the next queen," Lilian said, smiling proudly.

"Now, isn't that a true genius? Finding the balance and joy in life," Liam said with a smile.

"We're lucky to have her," Liam said, happily watching his twins.

"I won't argue with that," Victor laughed.

"I can't help but wonder if Bellatrix was your wife, would your child still be a girl or boy? Maybe twins?" Asked Liam, offhandedly.

It became running joke to tease Victor because Lady Bellatrix was his ex-fiancé. She had dumped him when Victor began having feelings for Lilian.

"Liam. No. Stop." Victor warned.

"Why? Is it because she's your ex-fiancé?" Lilian asked, stifling a laugh.

"Or maybe it's because she dumped him for me," Liam shrugged.

"Every time Bellatrix enters the conversation, it always ends up like this," Sighed Victor, irritatedly massaging his head.

"Oh no, she had every right to dump Victor, after all, he did cheat on her," Lilian said, triggering a chain of teasing.

"I did not cheat on Bellatrix!" Shouted Victor, flustered.

"How could you deny it when your wife who's not Bellatrix is right there," Liam gestured.

"I did no such thing! She dumped me!" Victor said again.

"Liam has a point, Bellatrix is such a nice girl, how could you have cheated on her?" Lilian asked, shaking her as if she were disappointed.

"If I cheated on Bellatrix that would make you the other woman!" Victor retorted.

"Well, how I have known you had a fiancé? You never told me, you kissed me first, might I remind you," Lilian said, barely holding in her laughter.

"It was an accident! An accident! I didn't do it on purpose!" He explained exaggeratedly.

"Tsk, tsk, tsk, someone should spread the word about the king being a two timer," Liam sighed.

"Every time! This happens EVERY TIME!" Victor complained.

"Who knows? Maybe Victor had a third woman," Liam commented, sassily sipping his tea.