Chapter 16

(A/N this is the song mentioned in the story)

Ah, well better late than never.

I jump up to the top of the staircase, then when I turned back the person in the black robe suddenly disappeared.

'What!? Where did he go?' That was when I realized.

I was standing on top of the giant royal staircase crashing the arrival of the king, queen, and crown prince.

"Um, princess? Fancy seeing you here?" the king said both confused and embarrassing me purposely.

'Why... I will not forget this' I thought loathing him for this.

"Umm...Oh.....I..." I look around frantically looking for the suspect but failed to spot him.

My father looked terrified, and I could see why. My mother was emitting a very evil aura that could fill this whole ballroom.

'Oh, dear. I am so dead. But I can't just give up now I need to stall for more time up on this staircase.'

"Yes, I, uh--" I tried to lie but I couldn't think of anything.

'Tell them you want to do a special dance.' That was Flare's voice.

"I want to do a special dance that I wanted to share at my debut but I never got to!" I lied enthusiastically.

"I'm sorry, princess, but--" The prince was suddenly cut off by the king.

"I'll allow it." The king said smiling.

"But father--" The king shot the young prince a certain look as the young prince fell silent.

I felt a tap on my shoulder, when I looked behind me Flare was there, hand outstretched.

'What now, Flare?' I asked silently.

'Take my hand then you'll know.' I took his hand, as we walked down the staircase, music started playing.

When I looked over to the piano at the side of the room Drake and Rafael were there playing an American song that me and Zack were supposed to dance to before I died. We both practiced salsa together and competed together.

'Wait... Flare! I haven't practiced this dance thoroughly with Zack!' I said panicked.

'What was the thing that Zack always told you when you were nervous?' He asked kindly.

'Let the music take me.' I repeated nostalgic.

'Good, let's start.' We started off with basic back rocks. The melody wasn't the same on the piano but that was what I thought until I heard a beat drop.

'What--!? Was that!?!' I look around frantically.

'Calm down, follow my lead.' He twirled about three times as the music got faster.

He dipped me then I saw them. The people were all too distracted to notice Roxas at the back playing the drums. Glade was playing the trumpet, and Harley was using maracas.

Aeriel was using his magic to surround me and Flare with the sound of the music so that the others wouldn't draw the crowd's attention.