Chapter 38

"Father, my 13th birthday is coming up, I hope you didn't forget your promise," I smiled as father choked on his food.

After coughing for a while he cleared his throat.

"A-Are you still on that, Snowflake?" He asked.

"This is a matter of life and death for the beastdom, father. I already agreed to wait for my 13th birthday, you're not backing out on taking me to Slade are you?" I asked menacingly.

'Besides that I need to get Harry out of Slade' I thought to myself.

"... Snowflake... Slade isn't a place to bring you, Slade is different from Sterling-- extremely different!" Father explained.

"Hm? Who would dare touch me? The crown princess," I asked slightly confused.

"That's just it, Snowflake, not everyone will know who you are, I will do my best to protect you and punish those who dare touch you but... Snowflake, I'm afraid of being too late," Father pleaded.

"Let us take care of this, Snow," Mother said in a comforting tone.

"Your father is right, there are people there that wouldn't care about your status at all and would make you an even bigger target if they knew who you were," Mother added.

"You promised," I said with big sad puppy dog eyes.

"Please, Princess? Just this once?" Father said, doing his own big sad puppy dog eyes.

I was already expecting this and prepared a plan.

"If you won't let me get what I want for free then I'm ready to earn it," I said seriously.

Father looked surprised and panicky, "Uh-- W-What do you mean, Snowflake?" He asked, thinking whether or not to put mana restricting chains on her until she stops wanting to go to Slade.

"How about a bet?" I asked with a smile.

Mother looked at father shaking her head frantically in no.

"A bet? What bet?" He asked in intrest.

Mother slammed her head onto the table in defeat. Both me and mother know just how competitive father is and he wouldn't deny a challenge from his lovely Snowflake.

I smirked, "Give me the 4 worst knights in Sterling and you can take the best, you can even take some knights from other kingdoms if you wish, we will train them for 4 months since my birthday is 4 months and 2 weeks away," I explained as he nodded in intrest.

"You will choose for me. But they have to knights in training, not some random people you picked up from the streets, Neither Caleb or Sierra can assist me but they can you," I continued.

"Go on," Father said, slightly suspicious at how much I was putting myself at such a disadvantage.

"At the end of the deadline we will duel. You against me and we choose the order of our knights, but the order of knights should be confirmed a day before the duel and that order shall not be leaked to either side, to avoid pairing up weak to strong, it will be the luck of the draw, " I said with a flourish.

"And?" Father asked, now extremely suspicious.

"We will battle last of course as the tie breaker, if incase there is no tie then it's self explanatory, the team with most wins win, if a knight is injured or can't attend for whatever reason before hand there will be no replacements," Then father perked up.

"So if everyone on your team is unable to fight I win?" He asked as I laugh.

"If my team is unable to fight, I fight everyone," then father slumped.

"But to accept this challenge you have 3 days to gather my knights and you have as much time as you wish," I added.

Father smirked, "Alright, Snowflake, you're on,"

Mother banged her head on the table again.

"Victor, you idiot," she said plainly.

We stood up and shook hands.

"No other rules to add, Snowflake?" He asked with a mischievous grin.

"Not until the day of the duel," I smiled.

"A little unfair isn't it?" Father pouted as I laughed.

"The knight that draws first blood gets the point," I said.

"Caleb! You heard the princess, make the preparations for me will you? I'll be scouting my daughter's knights while you and Sierra bring me profiles," Father commanded.

"Right away, your majesty," Sierra and Caleb bowed.

"No cheating, Snowflake," he smiled.

"I should be saying that to you, father," I smiled back as we both retreated to prepare.

-------------------

"Snow, Darling, what are you thinking?" My mother asked, entering my room.

"Are you doubting me mother? You seemed very sure of me earlier," I laughed.

"I remember when you first challenged me to a bet with the same good conditions and you stuck with the bad conditions and unfortunately you still crushed me," mother shivered, remembering her harsh defeat.

"I'm not too sure about this either, mother, but it was the only way to make sure father agreed," I said as Sierra brushed my hair, listening intently.

"Me and your father are telling you not to go to Slade for good reasons, why do you want to go there so badly?" She asked.

"If I win then this will not only ensure my travel to Slade but it will prove to both you and father just how strong I've become. I've been looking for a reason to show off," I giggled.

Mother laughed with me, "So you're doing this for fun? You really are my daughter. I'm rooting for you, sweetheart," She said, squeezing my hand.

"Thank you, mother,"

-------------------

I quickly got into my training clothes and ran down to the training field to meet my knights.

Father went to Fantasia to train his knights there so that we wouldn't fight over the field.

I was extremely nervous as I finally reached the field.

I decided to hang back and observe the four knights before introducing myself.

On the field was one woman and three men. One seemed like a pretty young guy with peach hair, violet doe eyes, and freckles with a small and skinny frame.

The woman was tall with dark green hair and sharp brown eyes, she was slim, nice body shape, and serious looking.

One of the knights had a big build looked liked he was in good shape for a knight, chestnut hair and magenta colored eyes, but he was lazily laying on the grass as the last knight was scolding him.

"Get up, Vinny! The princess could be here at any second!" he warned.

The last knight was a medium build, looked like a hard worker, black hair and green eyes.

I was about to introduce myself when I heard them banter.

"You're genuinely the laziest person I've ever met, Vinny," Glared the woman.

"That's rich coming from miss 'can barely lift a sword'," Vinny scoffed.

The girl suddenly burst out in anger.

"You shut up! I can lift a sword! I just have a hard time aiming it!" She shouted.

"Yeah? You fell over the moment you lifted it," Vinny chuckled.

"Hey!" She screamed as the boy with peach hair jumped and hid his head in shock in fear.

"C-Can you not raise your voice so much? It scares me..." Said the peach haired boy.

"Scaredy cat," Vinny scoffed.

"Oh lord I'm screwed,"

°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°and cut!°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°°