Chapter 59

Victor sat next to his daughter's bed, lost in thought.

"I'm sorry this had to happen here, Victor," Minoru apologized sincerely.

"Where were the guards?" Victor asked with a grim expression.

Minoru went silent... Debating what would happen if he told Victor.

"Drinking... They didn't want to keep watch of the bratty princess..." Minoru said with great difficulty.

Victor took a deep breath in and out.

"How much is that vase over there?" Victor asked, surprisingly calm.

"Fourteen--," Minoru began before being interrupted by the shattering of that very vase.

"Million... Damn it, Victor. That was sea glass! If your daughter successfully closes the wall, I'm not getting another one!" Minoru complained.

"I'll replace it," Victor replied plainly.

"How much is that cabinet?" Victor asked again.

"Victor, no--," Again, Minoru's protests fell on deaf ears and it was destroyed.

"I said I'd replace it," Victor glared at the cabinet.

"Victor..." Minoru whined.

"If it's broken, I'll replace it. Because I can. But. Could you ever fix the damage done to my daughter?" Victor asked with an icy stare.

"... Alright... I'll deal with the Count's son... You stay here," Minoru sighed.

"No... You need to stay true to Slade... Until Trie gives us the signal... I'll deal with it. Personally." Victor growled, on his way to presumably torture someone.

"Victor," Lilian called.

"Yes? Lili?" He asked calmly. No matter how mad Victor was, he would never take it out on others. Unless it was just for friendly fun.

"If you deal with this directly, we'd be pushed to a war," Lilian said with a blank expression.

"A war that Sterling would win. And if that happens, we'll clean this place up the way I intended to in the first place," Victor laughed in a low tone.

"And let everyone's effort go to waste?" Lilian asked, disappointed.

"No. I'll deal with this myself. If it's just the crazy mother, you would be fine," Lilian sighed, walking to the door.

"... Lili... Are you sure?" Victor asked. Knowing that Lilian wanted to leave her past as an assasin behind.

"No one does this to my daughter and gets away with it..." she said in an icy voice.

"Then I'll watch her over here... Be careful," Victor fussed and kissed her forehead as she laughed.

"I won't be too long," she smiled then walked out.

"You're both equally frightening parents..." Minoru shivered.

"Thank you," Victor smiled.

"... Here, I should never have made Snow sign this," Minoru handed Victor the earrings that Snow gave to Minoru to use for the contract.

"Sign what?" Victor narrowed his eyes and snatched the earrings.

"Autillia," Victor chanted, the letters appearing in the air for him to read.

"What's with these conditions? It completely restricts me..." Victor complained.

"Haha, that was the point... But, I don't think I want her to stay here in this condition..." Minoru said sadly.