Chapter 041: House Warming

After sorting himself out, Qin Mian unhurriedly walked to the outside of the door. The sky was just touched by the first glimmer of light. In autumn, the song of cicadas and the croak of frogs were absent, which made the village rather quiet.

The sound of footsteps startled Lei Tie, who was practicing kung fu in the yard. He turned to look back.

The teenager was wearing a brand-new cyan cotton duanda[1]on the top, with a light brown vest and a light brown waistband around his waist, cyan slim-fit pants on the bottom and deerskin boots on his feet. This manner of dressing was both concise and nimble, just like a little gongzi of any family. His long hair was not tied into a top bun like other people, but rather into a high ponytail tied with a cyan headband. He looked full of youthful energy, stretching and looking up at the sky at the same time, and with a relaxed smile on his face that blossomed with heroism, he appeared even more refreshed and energetic.

[1] An outfit specially made for a hand-to-hand fight.

Lei Tie also wore a new same outfit, but the duanda and pants were dark blue with also a light brown vest and waistband. The vest was not worn on his body as he was practising but was hung on the clothing bamboo pole.

In fact, it was just because Qin Mian didn't bother to draw more clothing design drawings, so they made the same style and added modern elements to the ancient conservative style.

Although Lei Tie's face was scarred, it was almost nonexistent after looking at it for a long time. Then, with the help of such outfit, it perfectly outlined his wide shoulders and narrow hips. Moreover, his whole person was tall and upright with a heroic posture that made him seem stately and handsome.

"Morning." Qin Mian looked up and down at Lei Tie with appreciative eyes and greeted him in high spirit.

Lei Tie pulled back his gaze as soon as he saw the other person and continued to practice. Every gesture and motion was powerful and forceful, vigorous and dynamic.

Might as well suffocate you to death! The smile on Qin Mian's face froze as he looked down at the man. He glanced around and saw a small pebble on the ground. Seeing that Lei Tie didn't notice him, he picked up the pebble and threw it towards the man's back. His practice seemed exemplary, but who knew if it was just for show? He tested the man.

Lei Tie appeared as though he was not yet aware of it and still continued practising palm moves, but when the pebble was about to touch him, his right hand suddenly changed its movement and inclined to the back as if he had eyes at the back of his head and caught the pebble between his index finger and middle finger. Without turning back, he continued to practice the move just now.

Qin Mian raised up his eyebrows. It turned out, it was not for show. He wasn't sure if he was wrong, but just now Lei Tie seemed to shoot a glance his way. Although it was a very mild one, it appeared as if the man belittled him.

He rolled his eyes and cackled. The yard hadn't been cleaned up yet, so there were still many pebbles scattered on the ground. He bent down and picked up some more pebbles and threw them towards Lei Tie in succession.

Lei Tie was practicing 'fishing for the moon in the sea', suddenly leapt up and turned over in midair. His right palm was like a palm-leaf fan moving to and fro abruptly, and all the five pebbles were caught in his palm. At the same time, his body also fell on the ground steadily and noiselessly, and his gaze was on Qin Mian.