Chapter 064: The Meal at the Relative's House Is Not Delicious (2)

Many people were sitting in the house. Lei Dagang, his wife, two sons, eldest daughter-in-law, two grandsons and two granddaughters were all present. Almost all of them were in the house. There was also Lei Xiaofeng's family. Lei Xiaofeng's husband's name was Wan Yangshu, their eldest daughter Wan Xiaoxiang was married, the only son Wan Yaozu married Chen Shi, and the youngest daughter Wan Xiaorou was engaged and would marry in the fourth month of the next lunar year. Lei Xiaoyun and Dong Daniu's eldest son Dong Ying, second son Dong Xiong, eldest daughter-in-law Wang Shi and second daughter-in-law Xiao Wang were entertaining the guests. Several little mischievous kids were running around the house, creating a disturbance.

Lei Xiaoyun, Lei Dagang, Lei Daqiang and Lei Xiaofeng were siblings. It was only today that Qin Mian identified all the relatives of Lei Daqiang.

With so many people in the central room, it seemed crowded. But fortunately, the central room was big enough that otherwise, it really would not fit.

Lei Daqiang and Lei Dagang still had nothing to say between them. They said two polite words indifferently and greeted others respectively. After the exchange of greetings, everyone in the room could finally be seated.

A few gazes swept between Qin Mian and Lei Tie.

Qin Mian appeared to be unaware of it, sat quietly against the wall, folded his legs gracefully, and sipped a cup of hot tea from time to time.

Lei Tie, who had a poker face in the beginning, still had acted as if nothing had happened.

Not a while later, someone outside called out: "Come to catch pig!"

Several male guests got up to help or watch and the children also ran out to watch the bustling scene.

Qin Mian did not move, and neither did Lei Tie.

Wei Shi said to Du Shi: "Sister, why don't we go to the kitchen to help."

Du Shi said scornfully: "No need to tell me, say it to the old man. How would he know you're diligent if you don't say it to him?"

Wei Shi was neither hurt nor angry, "Sister, are you angry with me? Strictly speaking, between you and me, you are closer to eldest sister, but it turns out I'm wrong. Since sister doesn't instruct, I dare not move."

Du Shi suddenly stood up. "Are you saying that I'm lazy?"

Wei Shi apologized: "Sister really misunderstood me. Well, I'll go out and have a look." With that, she departed.

Lei Tie suddenly spoke in a low voice: "Du Shi is too weak."

Qin Mian understood what he meant — Once Wei Shi completely suppressed Du Shi, Wei Shi might keep an eye on them both.

But he was not worried about this. He nudged his chin towards Lei Xiangzhi, who quietly frowned at Wei Shi's back. "Fifth brother won't let Du Shi suffer."