Chapter 177: White Spot and Golden Fur Search for Masters

The two newly bought stores were on the same prosperous street. One was on the side of Pear Blossom Alley, the other was on the opposite side – they were not far apart. One could see the other store by standing at the door of one store. Qin Mian had people decorated the two stores at the same time. The drugstore was called "Ruyi Pharmacy" and the silverware store was called "Jewel Pavilion".

About ten days after decoration, the drugstore and the silverware store opened on the same day. The layout of the drugstore was very simple; into the entrance was the counter and the seats of the two doctors. Behind the counter, two medicine cabinets were placed against the wall, and more than a hundred small drawers of the same size were filled with different herbs. The name of the herbs was written on the drawers. The medicine cabinet was tall and had a top. When one grasped some of the herbs, one even needed to use a double-ladder. In the drugstore, two experienced doctors were hired to see the patients, two assistants were in charge of the prescription, and then a manager.

The layout of the silverware shop was also characterized by simplicity and style. Customers could see all kinds of jewelry behind the counter at a glance as soon as they entered. All jewelry was priced clearly. Besides, Jewel Pavilion also had a type of honorable service. As long as customers could afford the expensive price, the master designer could even design unique jewelry for customers according to their requirements. It was unique not only in the whole Capital but also in the whole country.

Since Lei Tie's identity was special, the two stores opened quietly, with only one round of firecracker each. Even so, there were still a lot of people sending gifts. Even the emperor, the empress, and the empress dowager gave gifts. Qin Mian ordered the servants to go and make a list of all the gifts. Except for those sent by the emperor, the empress, and the empress dowager, all the expensive gifts were sent back to avoid being talked about.

Ruyi Pharmacy opened at the beginning of the dragon hour [7 AM] and closed at the beginning of the rooster hour [5 PM]; Jewel Pavilion opened at the beginning of the snake hour [9 AM] and closed at the beginning of the rooster hour [5 PM]. Both stores had a day-off on the first day of the month and a holiday on the last three days of every two months. The attentive customers found that the holidays of the two stores were the same as those of Dongyang Academy.

After opening for more than half a month, the business of the silverware store was quite good because the designs of the jewelry were relatively novel and unique. On the other hand, the business of Ruyi Pharmacy was average; it was unknown whether it was because of the lack of publicity, but most of the customers came in to buy prescriptions instead of seeing a doctor. The two doctors were bored and could only read medical books every day. The drugstore manager could hardly retain his composure. He noticed that the situation was not good and quickly reported the matter to Qin Mian.

Qin Mian was very calm and told the manager to do his duty well and that no matter the business was good or bad, it would not affect his salary. Since the employer was not worried, the manager had to drop it.

The business of the store was not good, Qin Mian couldn't ignore it. He was just waiting for an opportunity – an opportunity to make his mark at the first shot. The development of a drugstore was different from that of other stores – it was not enough to rely on mere lip service.

After the two stores operated normally, Qin Mian focused on the transformation of the State Defender Duke Establishment. After living in Leisurely Farmhouse for a long time, the standard requirements of the family of four for the living environment were high. They were not used to many places in the State Defender Duke Establishment. Qin Mian devoted two days to draw the transformation plan, mainly changing all the trees into fruit trees and replanting flowers and plants in some open spaces.