Chapter 172: Lei Tie Takes Action

Back at the State Defender Duke Establishment, the gatekeeper came quickly to lead the horses for the two men and raised his voice, "The Old Lord and Lady have returned–" Why did he shout this? This was to inform other servants that those in charge of preparing hot water should prepare hot water, those in charge of preparing tea should prepare tea, and those in charge of taking care of horses should prepare to take care of the horses....

Qin Mian made a jest at Lei Tie, "A-Tie, in the end, you're inescapable from walking on the 'old' road."

Lei Tie was calm, "En."

"You're pushing 40!" Qin Mian stressed it badly and laughed heartily. Lei Tie was 30 years old this year; wasn't he pushing 40?

Lei Tie was helpless. Being eight years older than his wife meant he was doomed to be teased by his wife. Alas, he was going to teach his wife a lesson when it was time.

Unaware of the impending crisis, Qin Mian continued to move forward briskly and then joked, "As the old saying goes, 'three years gap is a generation gap'. Between the two of us, isn't it almost three—ah!"

Before he finished speaking, his waist was wrapped and his whole person suddenly flew up. He quickly grabbed Lei Tie's neck, "What are you doing?"

"Proving that I'm not old." Lei Tie took Qin Mian's hand and put it on his thigh.

Steward Fu came in a hurry, only to see a figure flying away. "Old Lord, your servant has something important to report—"

In the air, there were only Lei Tie's chilly four words: "Talk about it later."

More than an hour later, Lei Tie appeared alone in the main hall of the foreyard. There was still a light languidness after lovemaking on his body.

The old man Steward Fu bowed his head, looking uneasy.

"What's it?"

Steward Fu reported, "Today, Old Master has received more than ten invitation and visitation notices. One of them is an invitation notice from Princess Yanqing, inviting the Lady to go—"

"Give it to me."

"Give it to me."

Lei Tie looked at the door. Qin Mian's face was covered with two parts of sneer and eight parts of scorn as he came at a brisk pace; his momentum was overwhelming.

Lei Tie walked over, "There's no need to be angry with that kind of person."

Qin Mian's cold aura dissipated. He sat down on the old-fashioned wooden armchair and lightly laughed. "You should say, 'I'll support whatever you want to do'."

Seeing that he was no longer angry, Lei Tie nodded, "I'll support whatever you want to do."

Qin Mian patted him on the shoulder and told the steward, "Reply to tell Princess Yanqing that this Lady will go to the appointment as scheduled; also, go check out the exact details of Princess Yanqing. The more detailed the better."

"Yes." Steward Fu said, "Old Lord and Lady, there is one more thing. The old lady sent someone here today to urge Old Lord and Lady to go over."

As for the purpose of asking Qin Mian and Lei Tie to go over, they all understood it without saying. Lei Tie was now a first-rank senior official. Could Lei Daqiang and Du Shi sit still at home?

Lei Tie said coldly, "I'll go in a moment."

"Yes. This old servant asks to withdraw."