Chapter 191- 192

Chapter 191- Assassination

Qin Mian was deeply surprised. If First Prince really colluded with the enemy, it was treason. But when one thought about it carefully, First Prince's move was unsurprising because his status was too awkward. Since ancient times, the custom of establishing a Crown Prince of Great Xia was set to the eldest son of the emperor and the empress. First Prince was the eldest son of the empress. In the first place, he had the most advantage. But the problem was that the empress died before he was crowned. Even if his mother's clan had the intention to support him, no one in the imperial harem wanted to cooperate with them, so First Prince's journey was a struggle. Second Prince Chen Shan was different – he was the eldest son of the current empress. He had a much greater advantage than Chen Chuang and was Chen Chuang's most powerful competitor. If Chen Chuang lacked patience, he could easily make the wrong choice.

"Don't worry, I will protect myself and the children."

Lei Tie released him. "It's time to go."

Qin Mian reluctantly loosened his arms. Although they met in the space from time to time, to be able to kiss was already luxurious, let alone do something they like.

Lei Tie understood what the tumbling emotion in his wife's eyes meant. He kissed his wife's eye in a passion and said in a hoarse voice, "Wife, wait for me to come home."

He was afraid that if he didn't go any time soon, he couldn't refrain from pressing a certain someone.

Qin Mian was stupefied – the man had disappeared. Helpless, he curled his lips and left the space after dealing with all the remaining ingredients.

Time was like running water. In the blink of an eye, Zhangsun Hong's birthday arrived.

After breakfast, Qin Ruiqi and Lei Ruilin put on a new pair of clothes and asked the study-attendants – Paibing and Feiyue – to carry up the presents they prepared for Zhangsun Hong. Then, they got into the carriage together.

Four guards were divided into front and rear line-ups to protect the carriage.

Qin Mian mounted the horse and personally escorted his two sons to Weiyuan Marquis Establishment.

Although it was a sunny day, the sun was like being covered by a layer of yarn – obscure and no heat. The cold wind was dry and harsh; the pedestrians' faces were flushed by the wind, so stiff that they had no other expression. They only kept their heads down and moved on. It snowed the second time in winter three days ago. Although only one day, a thick layer of snow had accumulated. The snow on the ground had been cleared, but the road seemed to be frozen so hard that the sound of horse's hooves was crisp.

As soon as they got out of the State Defender Duke Establishment, Qin Mian noticed that there were several ill-intentioned glances in the obscure corners coming their way. A sneer filled his eyes.

"Dad." Qin Ruiqi poked his head out of the window, to indicate something.

Qin Mian smiled, "Rest assured."

Qin Ruiqi's head shrunk back.

"I can display my skill to the full." Lei Ruilin was ready to fight.

Qin Ruiqi said, "Don't overdo it."

"Don't worry, Ge." Lei Ruilin raised his head, "I'm not a three-year-old."

Qin Ruilin, "......"

The carriage drove for about two quarters and arrived at Weiyuan Marquis Establishment. The steward greeted the guests at the door. Most of the guests were the children who had made friends with Zhangsun Hong; they took the chance to gather together on the holiday. After all, it was a child's birthday, so most of the adults sent their children and left after greetings.