Chapter 110: New Money-making Plan

The driver's seat was also very unique. It was designed to look like an armchair with a special place for feet, so the driver would not be uncomfortable when driving for a long time. In addition, there was a semi-circular rod around the awning above, with a rainproof cloth hung on both ends of the rod that could be opened and closed like a sliding curtain. There were two fixed planks on the shaft on both sides of the armchair; when the passengers wouldn't sit in the carriage, two could sit here.

Lei Tie slowed down and asked, "Wife, how is it?"

"Very comfortable." Qin Mian lifted the curtain of the small window and said, "A-Tie, I want to drive. Why not you experience it too?"

Lei Tie stopped the carriage, climbed into the carriage, and looked down at the long table, "What about the bed?"

In Qin Mian's mind, a disharmonious image involuntarily emerged, making his heartbeat skipped a beat, "Didn't try."

Without saying a word, Lei Tie pulled it up and pushed open a mechanism. After the long table slowly flipped over, it lowered and very closely joined together with the two seats.

With a push from Lei Tie, Qin Mian fell on the bed. He immediately jumped up and nervously looked out of the window, "W-what are you doing? There are so many people out there."

A ghost of a smile flew past in Lei Tie's deep eyes. His big palm caressed his wife's face before he turned and got off the carriage.

Qin Mian opened his mouth but words failed him for a long time. In other words, he was under the hallucination that the other party was willing?

Seeing Lei Tie was back to the driver's seat through the screen curtain, Qin Mian crawled over, lifted the curtain, and called out, "A-Tie."

Lei Tie looked back, "What's it?"

Qin Mian hooked his finger to indicate that the man should get closer. Then, he took a bite on the man's thin lips and quickly backed away.

Lei Tie looked at the shaking screen curtain and took a deep breath before he turned his head and looked ahead.

Qin Mian pushed open the door, crawled to the man's side, and sat down.

Lei Tie shook the reins, and the sound of horse's hooves clattered, slowly approaching the crowd under the big locust tree. A few curious villagers looked over.

Qin Mian jumped out of the carriage and greeted the villagers, "What are you chatting about?"

Sister Zhang said with a smile, "We're chatting about when your fourth brother will marry a wife."

Qin Mian laughingly looked at the uneasy Lei Xiangli, "Fourth Brother's marriage should be done within the year, right? Let your eldest brother lend you the new carriage to pick up the bride at that time."

It was a matter of great honor to be able to pick up one's bride with this unique carriage. Lei Xiangli was very moved. He didn't feel embarrassed as he said, "Then, that's a promise, Eldest Sister-in-law, Eldest Brother. There's still some work left at home, so I'll go first." After leaving that sentence, he ran away as fast as he could.

The villagers laughed even louder.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie didn't stay much longer. They got on the carriage and went home.

"Hey," Fang Hongliu bumped into Sister Zhang with her arm. "When do you think Du Shi will be able to fix the marriage of her family's Old Four?"

Before Sister Zhang said anything, Zhou Cuihua disdainfully curled her lips and tucked the soles of her shoes in her hands, "Ever since her Old Five become an entry-level examinee, haven't there been eight matchmakers arranging marriages for Old Four? However, Du Shi has been picking and choosing, none of them she likes. I'm waiting to see what kind of fourth daughter-in-law she will find."