Chapter 121: Different Species, How to Love Each Other

"Sure." Qin Mian agreed, "A-Tie, go get the money."

Lei Tie looked at him blankly, "Wife, aren't you in charge of our family's money?"

Lei Xiangzhi laughed despite himself.

Qin Mian slapped Lei Tie on his thigh and got up to get the money.

Lei Tie followed in.

A moment later, they came out.

Qin Mian handed Lei Xiangzhi a banknote of 100 taels, a silver ingot of 50 taels, and a silver ingot of 10 taels.

"Your eldest brother said that you will have to socialize with other Xiucai students later, which will cost you a lot. You keep the 10 taels."

Lei Xiangzhi took a look at Lei Tie and felt a slight sting around the rims of his eyes. "En... I also want to borrow your writing materials to write down the acknowledgment of the debt."

Writing down the acknowledgment of the debt could make both sides feel at ease and be more comfortable to associate in the future. Qin Mian didn't say anything like ''I believe you, there's no need to write an acknowledgment of a debt'' but told Lei Tie to get the writing materials.

Lei Xiangzhi wrote down on the paper that he borrowed 100 silver taels from his eldest brother and eldest sister-in-law and should pay it back within five years at the latest. Lastly, he pressed his thumbprint.

Before Lei Xiangzhi left, Qin Mian asked Lei-Qin Le to pick a basket of pears for him.

Lei Tie took out his bow set and carried a basket on his back. "Wife, I'm going to the mountain."

"Alright, don't return too late." Qin Mian knew that the man wanted to go hunting again. Recently, his taste became strange and changeable. He always wanted to eat something so abruptly. Once, he suddenly wanted to eat sour jujube cake, and Lei Tie went to the town on horseback to buy it without saying a word. Consequently, Lei Tie had developed a habit. When there was nothing to do at home, he took his bow set to hunt and conveniently picked some fresh wild vegetables and fruits in the mountains.

"Got it."

Lei Tie was tall and strong, dressed in a maroon duanda and grey trousers with mid-high leather boots. His simple and fit dressing made his figure even slender. Such a back figure walked neither too slow nor too fast in the village was an unusual sight.

His oppressive and indifferent vibes made the villagers dared not approach him easily, but it did not stop them from paying close attention to him.

Sister Zhang teased Aunt Xiulan, who was nearly 50 years old, with a smile on her face as she scrubbed the dirt on her son's clothes, "Auntie, stunned?"

"You woman!" Aunt Xiulan splashed water on her body, not in a good mood. She was entranced just now but felt a great pity. Lei Tie and his wife Qin Mian were both capable people. Why did they marry each other? Otherwise, anyone of them was suitable for her second daughter. But of course, she was just thinking to herself and would not truly pursue it.

There were only Aunt Xiulan and Sister Zhang by the river. Aunt Xiulan knew Sister Zhang was not a gossipy person, so she was at ease to speak out her mind, "Sigh, I'm worried about my second daughter."

"Your second daughter? Ah, Xiaoyu." The image of a young girl appeared in Sister Zhang's mind. "Xiaoyu is beautiful, dexterous, and filial to you. She's a rare young girl. There will be a lot of people coming to your house to ask for her hand. What do you have to worry about?"