Chapter 195- 196

Chapter 195- Final Battle

"This..." Qin Wencai looked at him in disappointment. He thought a bit and changed the topic, "Fine. You should know that your mother also misses you so much. When we go back, your father will take you—"

Lei Tie suddenly stood up and coldly said, "Imperial Doctor Qin, my wife said to give him time."

Qin Wencai also got really angry and said in a heavy tone, "Grand General! This matter is between us, father and son. You don't have the qualifica—"

"Imperial Doctor Qin!" Qin Mian interrupted his unreasonable words. He defensively embraced Lei Tie's waist, "Lei Tie is my spouse. Whatever happens to me, he is qualified to make the decision."

Qin Wencai looked at him with a wounded expression. He stretched out his right hand, wanting to touch Qin Mian, "Mian'er, your father just..."

Lei Tie pressed on Qin Mian's shoulders to let him sit down. He coldly looked at Qin Wencai.

"Imperial Doctor Qin, have you thoroughly investigated why your son was stranded outside back then? Four years ago, this general [I] and my wife met a young man in the Capital who looked similar to my wife. By the man's look, he obviously recognized my wife, and yet he did not acknowledge my wife. If one is to say that there is no reason for this, this general [I] won't believe it. Presumably, your Qin Family isn't peaceful? You think this general is going to let my wife get involved in your Qin Family's trouble?"

"What..." Qin Wencai's expression abruptly changed and changed again as he calmed down, "A young man who looked similar to Mian'er? Besides Mian'er, this old man also has two sons named Qin Jian and Qin Xue. Jian'er is older than Mian'er and Xue'er is the youngest. May I know if the young man you saw is older or younger than Mian'er?"

Back then, the young man was obviously a few years older than Qin Mian – he was most likely Qin Jian. Qin Mian didn't want Qin Wencai to blame him for trying to provoke Qin Wencai's relationship with his two other sons, so he said, "Didn't pay attention."

Lei Tie indifferently said, "These are the problems that Imperial Doctor Qin should find out."

Qin Wencai was unable to respond and secretly regretted it– he should not say that Lei Tie was not qualified to manage Qin Mian's affairs. He was uncomfortable with the fact that the son he pampered since childhood was together with a man, but he should not show this kind of discontented expression. Qin Mian had no previous memory and many years' worth of feelings with Lei Tie – they even raised sons together. It was only natural for Qin Mian to stand on Lei Tie's side.

He stood up and bowed with hands held in front as he apologized to Lei Tie in a frank and straightforward manner, "Grand General, this old man I have just recovered my son. In a moment of excitement, my speech has become inappropriate. Still, this old man I ask Grand General not to be offended considering my ten years' loss of a son."

"This general hasn't seen my wife for a long time; there's a lot to say."

Qin Wencai tactfully asked to be excused.

Qin Mian rested on Lei Tie's shoulder and kissed that cold wooden face.

Lei Tie put his arms around him, picked him up, and pressed him on the floor......

The night sky spread its curtain; the silent stars twinkled. Thousands of bonfires were lit in the camp; the flames swayed within the gale. In the morning, a large wok hung above the bonfire – the smell of steamed bread floated over the whole camp. In a heavy pot, meaty bones, meat cubes, cabbage, radish, and potatoes churned inside – the seductive aroma was mouth-watering.