Chapter 066: Henceforth, Celebrate the New Year Together (2)

"How is it?" Qin Mian said with a look as if presenting treasure, "Are they all the things you haven't seen or eaten before?"

Lei Tie put his arm around his (QM) waist and whispered, "I'll never forget this."

Qin Mian did not like his expression of being immersed in memories. He waved a hand and said, "Don't think about the past. The more people dislike you, the more you've to live a hundred, thousand times better than them." He picked up a fried dough twist and put it into Lei Tie's mouth.

Lei Tie's two fingers held the fried dough twist and shook his head, "I didn't think of those people." He had long been indifferent to them. As long as there was his little wife, it was enough for him.

On the 29th of the twelfth lunar month, other villagers were still busy boiling, stir-frying, and deep-frying. Qin Mian and Lei Tie took White Spot to visit Zhang Dashuan and Wu Di's houses.

During New Year's Day, the households in the village treated their guests with their own fried melon seeds, fried peanuts, and fried broad beans. People who were willing to spend money would buy fried food in the town, or buy some other snacks, dried fruits, and so on.

To save trouble, Qin Mian bought fried melon seeds, fried peanuts, and fried broad beans. That was why he and Lei Tie were so leisurely. Intentionally or unintentionally, the two did not pass by the old house.

In the morning on the 30th of the twelfth lunar month, Lei Xiangyi, Lei Xiangli, Lei Xiangzhi, and Lei Chuntao walked into the courtyard gate of Qin Mian's house in cotton-padded jackets, bringing along cold air.

The snow stopped two days ago and started to fall again in the middle of the night yesterday. The accumulated snow could drown up to the ankles. The four Leis walked such a short distance from the old house to Qin Mian's home, but a layer of snow soon fell on them that their heads looked like wearing white velvet hats.

White Spot ran over and inspected them with a scrutinizing eye before walking away.

The three Lei brothers slapped the snow on their bodies and looked at each other with a wry smile. Supposedly, a house pet resembled its owner. White Spot did not like the people from the old house. It only had a little affection for Lei Chuntao.

"Go inside the bedroom and sit on the heatable brick bed." Qin Mian waved.

As soon as they entered the bedroom, the siblings felt faint warmth and looked around secretly. This was the first time they entered this room.

The bedroom was very spacious. On the left side of the door was a wardrobe and on the right side were a two-person settee and a tea table. There were two brown cushions on the settee. The heatable brick bed was opposite the wardrobe. There were four red bolsters with black stripes and a printed thin blanket casually lying on the heatable brick bed. In the middle of the bed was a small table. On the table were chessboards with no more than a dozen pieces that had just been dropped. There were two cups of hot tea across the chessboard, braving hot steam. On the wall above the bed was a landscape painting and on the right was a bookshelf with some books scattered, one of which was opened and put in the lattice. The room was very clean, but not neatly arranged. Even so, there was a sense of warmth and comfort in the middle of casualness.