Chapter 131: Oh Mom, Bun!

After returning from Qingtian Prefecture, Qin Mian asked his servants to find out where to buy a large number of grape seedlings. Uncle Fu brought back the news that a household owned a small vineyard in Lin County. Lei Tie took four people to Lin County to negotiate with them. By the time the weather turned nice and warm, the grape seedlings could be transported back.

The work in the first few days when Double Xiang House and Eating Savory Restaurant resumed business was loaded in trivial details. Qin Mian oversaw Double Xiang House and also had people to clean up the shop he instructed Manager Sun to buy last year – it would open in a few days. When the shop owners in the town saw the "Glimmer of Paradise" trademark hung on the shop, they knew that this shop's owner was the same owner of Double Xiang House. However, they knew nothing about what business it ran.

After a busy month passed by, it was Lei Yaqing's one-month-old birthday. Lei Tie only had people prepare an ordinary gift to send; he and Qin Mian did not attend.

Although there were two old ladies in Lei Daqiang's household, Du Shi had more seniority than Wei Shi. Moreover, her relatives were more than Wei Shi. Usually, whatever kind of happy occasion Lei Daqiang's family did, the money and gifts were basically received through Du Shi's grasp. One could imagine how resentful Du Shi was when she did not receive Lei Tie's gift money for Lei Yaqing's one-month-old birthday banquet.

Lei Daqiang was a little disappointed when Wei Shi gave birth to a daughter instead of a son. Du Shi thought that Lei Daqiang's heart would turn to her immediately. Unexpectedly, Wei Shi's means were powerful. In a month, Lei Daqiang had spent the night in Wei Shi's room for at least 20 days. Moreover, he also treated the little girl well.

Meanwhile, Lei Xiangli began to work on the housing issue. He would move out of the old house after the house was built. For Du Shi, it meant that this son would also be out of her control.

A few unsatisfactory things happened together. Du Shi's heart was holding back a fire; it was unknown when the flame would burst.

The residents of Leisurely Farmhouse were busy in a strained and orderly way. Uncle Quan and several servants drove the oxen to plow the farmland, while also leveled the soil for the vineyard in advance, and applied decomposed farmyard fertilizer, which was divided into two layers of fertilizer with soil and fertilizer mixture.

In the first ten days of the third lunar month, the weather turned warm again after a cold spell.

Qin Mian told Lei-Qin Shun and Lei-Qin Cheng to buy two peach trees, two pear trees, two plum trees, two cherry trees, two pomegranate trees, and two sweet orange trees to plant in Double Xiang House. In the future, the Silver, Gold, and Diamond Members who came to Double Xiang House could have another pleasure: they could personally pick fruits to eat, freely, however many they wanted to but not allowed to waste or take home.

Lei Tie took people to Lin County to transport back a large number of grape seedlings. The grape seedlings were transported back by fast carriage and planted in rows of fences. Qin Mian had already said that the vineyard was to be handed over to Uncle Quan. Uncle Quan was very dedicated and personally participated in every step of grape planting. Qin Mian and Uncle Quan were inexperienced. They went to the county to buy two servants, who knew how to do business, as Uncle Quan's helpers.

Uncle Fu and Lei-Qin Le had also taken over the winery and vermicelli workshop respectively. The unmarried Lei-Qin Le immediately became hot in Green Mountain Village.

Yes, he was a slave, but he was also a manager. He was very much promising. As long as he had money, he might be able to get rid of his slavery status in the future. Besides, the rural people's requirements for life were not high. As long as they could eat and wear warm clothes, they would be very satisfied. Moreover, it was heard that Qin Mian and Lei Tie said that the servants would be allocated a separate set of servant house when they got married. Given these points, many parents in Green Mountain Village began to seek Aunt Fu and even sent gifts to Aunt Fu, hoping that she could say many good words about their daughters in front of Qin Mian and Lei Tie.