Chapter 075

Lei Daqiang came over with a slight cough.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie halted and politely greeted him.

"Father."

Lei Daqiang looked at the back of the bricklayers in the distance and affectionately looked at Lei Tie. "Do you need any more hands here? Your father, I, still have a lot of strength."

Qin Mian was about to open his mouth when his hand which was held tightly by Lei Tie was pinched.

"There are enough hands."

Such an attitude made Lei Daqiang angry, and his face turned cold. He endured it and changed the topic, "Have you already known about your youngest brother's going to participate in the county-level examination? You said you're going to provide money."

Qin Mian understood it clearly. He came for money.

Lei Tie nodded, "I did. It's written in the separation document that whether it's the fifth brother's examination or the fourth brother's, fifth younger brother's, and little sister's marriage, we'll give one share to the father's five shares."

Lei Daqiang choked, "How can the situation be the same now? You're well-off now, so you should give more money. It also shows your care for your younger siblings."

Lei Tie said with a cold face, "We'll give that share of money and also give the fifth brother some pocket money, but we won't hand the money to you."

Lei Daqiang was very angry and said harshly, "What do you mean? Am I, the father, greedy for my son's money?"

Lei Tie said indifferently, "You know yourself."

"You..." Lei Daqiang could not help but feel guilty when he thought of the 20 silver taels that Lei Tie gave him.

Lei Tie looked at him just like looking at a stranger as he said, "I'll increase your monthly money later, but if you all ask for trouble..."

Lei Daqiang was shocked by the look in his eyes. He very much wanted to courageously say "I don't want your money", but he could not give up the money. His lips wriggled for a long time, but his tongue failed him. He snorted, swung his sleeve, and strode away. The sight of his back cut a sorry figure.

All of a sudden, Qin Mian laughed.

Lei Tie looked at him inquisitively.

Qin Mian said, "I suddenly think that it'd be a good relief to tease them once in a while."

Lei Tie touched his head, "Go home."

Five days later, the wall of the Leisurely Farm Residence was completely built and their house became an independent small manor. Then they began to work on some details.