Chapter 126: Selling Formula for Growing Anti-seasonal Vegetables

Double Xiang House's lounge had always served as a meeting room. On the center of the table was a basket of sugar-fried chestnuts. Qin Mian sat at the table while peeling the chestnuts to eat. There were a charcoal brazier and a small stove beside him. A kettle of water was heating on the stove. White smoke constantly emitted from the spout of the kettle, floating upward.

White Spot lay on the settee with its head on Qin Mian's legs.

When Lei Tie opened the door and saw Qin Mian's appearance of eating chestnuts on his legs, his eyes turned warm, "Please come in."

However, he did not enter the door immediately. Only after Qin Mian had sat up properly did he walked into the room.

Qin Mian wiped his mouth clean and regained the elegant bearing of a gongzi. He gave Nie Heng and Mu Chen a wee smile and said as he cupped a fist, "So it's Nie-gongzi and Mu-gongzi. Please sit down."

"Sorry to bother." Nie Heng and Muchen sat down opposite Qin Mian.

Mu Chen attentively watched White Spot in amazement. He had heard that the two owners of Double Xiang House raised a wolf. It was the first time he saw it. This wolf had a strong and muscly body with an arrogant attitude; it was truly extraordinary.

White Spot jumped out of the settee and stretched out. It went to lean over the table and stared at the chestnuts on the table.

Qin Mian picked up the kettle and steeped two cups of tea.

Lei Tie pulled back White Spot's head and sat down beside Qin Mian. He moved the small basket of sugar-fried chestnuts to his front and peeled the chestnuts quietly. The shelled chestnuts were placed on the plate in front of Qin Mian.

After the exchange of greetings, Qin Mian asked, "What brings you two here?" Because he was no stranger to Nie Heng, his tone was more casual.

Nie Heng smilingly said, "We are sending you money."

"Oh?" Qin Mian was noncommittal. "That's good indeed. As long as Boss Nie doesn't want to make money from me, I'm relieved."

Nie Heng surmised that he knew about the canned fruits. He coughed dryly, "Boss Qin overstated. Qin Mian, knowing that you dislike beating around the bush, I'll tell you the truth. Mu Chen and I want to buy a lot of your summer vegetables. The price is negotiable." According to his estimation, Double Xiang House had made at least 5000 silver taels since it had these vegetables. How could he not be envious? Not only that, but Double Xiang House also took away many customers in Zhaoyang County with these vegetables, which had a significant impact on the business of Nie's wine house.

Qin Mian motioned to them to drink tea. "You ought to know that our vegetable production is not big, only enough to supply Double Xiang House."

"I do know that." Nie Heng reminded him, "However, you should also aware that no one has ever been able to grow summer vegetables in winter before. You can imagine how eye-catching your vegetables are. According to my intelligence, the news has reached the prefectural city. I believe it will not be long before people will come to inquire for information. If you cooperate with me and Mu Chen, it will not only bring you rich profits but also break down most of the pressure for you. What can you have against it?"

"Most of the pressure?" Qin Mian keenly grasped the keywords.

Qin Mian's appearance of showing an interest made Nie Heng more confident in persuading him. He nodded his head and said, "Yes. My Nie Family's root is actually in Qingtian Prefecture. We have engaged in business within five generations, our influence is deep-rooted. And Mu Chen's family is even better. He's not from Zhaoyang County but Capital City. I can't tell you his identity for the time being, but I can say that if someone covets your formula for growing anti-seasonal vegetables, Mu Chen can stop it."