Chapter 169: First Rank Mandated Lady

Qin Mian got up to reply, "Answering to Your Majesty: yes."

Lei Tie also stood up and stood side by side with Qin Mian. Yuanyuan and Manman followed to stand up.

Emperor Xiaohui gazed at Lei Tie for a moment with cryptic eyes as he renewed Qin Mian's importance in his [LT's] heart. He said in a light voice, "All sit while replying. There's no need to be nervous. We're just talking casually like ordinary people."

Qin Mian and the others sat down again.

Emperor Xiaohui took a sip of tea and said slowly, "Zhen always feels a little tired recently. Zhen wonders if Qin-gongzi can diagnose Zhen."

Eunuch Li's face changed and he whispered, "Your Majesty?" When one does a diagnose, one has to get close to the body. It's too risky for Your Majesty to allow people [we] aren't familiar with to approach.

Emperor Xiaohui glanced at him fiercely. Eunuch Li bowed his head in revere and no longer spoke.

Lei Tie, seemingly unaware of it, said to Qin Mian, "Wife, I've been away from His Majesty for many years; I'm worried about His Majesty's imperial body. Why don't you take His Majesty's pulse by hanging a thread?"

When the two looked at each other, their intentions interlinked. One must know, an attack was the best defense. Since they entered the Palace, they had stepped into the deep water of the Capital. Only by properly showing some advantages could they better protect their family. Blindly hiding strength would only make people think that they were weak and could be deceived.

"Qin-gongzi can even take a pulse by hanging a thread?" Emperor Xiaohui was surprised; his dim eyes were full of doubt. "Zhen heard that many years ago, there were doctors with excellent skills who could do this. But now, almost no one in Zhen's Imperial Institute of Medicine has such skill."

Qin Mian didn't argue. His respectful smile exuded a confident and happy look. "It's better if Your Majesty calls an ill attendant to let this commoner have a try."

Emperor Xiaohui cast a look at Eunuch Li.

Eunuch Li quickly called a junior eunuch.

Emperor Xiaohui asked him to write down his experiences [of illness] on the paper. He noticed that Yuanyuan and Manman feel tired and spiritless. When he remembered that they had been on the road for more than ten days, he had some pity on them. He told Eunuch Li to prepare some snacks, fruits, and drinks that children like to eat. Fruit juices and other drinks had already spread to the Capital, but the fruity taste might not be as good as Leisurely Farmhouse's.

Cautiously without any noise, two attendants brought a small round table and put it in front of Yuanyuan and Manman. The palace maids put snacks, fruits, and juices on the table.

Yuanyuan and Manman stood up, cupped their hands, and showed a pure smile to Emperor Xiaohui, "Thank you, Uncle Emperor."

Qin Mian was secretly shocked and looked at Emperor Xiaohui without leaving any trace.

Lei Tie's aura was slightly cold.

After Emperor Xiaohui was taken aback, he laughed and waved his hand to them. "Being called by Yuanyuan and Manman as such, Zhen suddenly felt that Zhen was a teenager. Yuanyuan and Manman, if you like to eat them, Zhen will ask the Imperial Kitchen to make more for you to take home."

"Many thanks, Uncle Emperor." Yuanyuan and Manman thanked him again and each picked a piece of pastry to give Qin Mian and Lei Tie.

Qin Mian gave a little smile and said in a soft voice, "You two eat; your Old Dad and I are not hungry."