Chapter 048: The People from the Old House Come To Make Trouble

"Two, four, six..."

When Zheng Liu came back from buying the steamed stuffed buns, Qin Mian thanked and rewarded him with 5 Wen, sending him away first. While gnawing at the steamed stuffed bun in one hand, his other hand skillfully fiddled with the copper coins, "86, 88, 90..."

Only after a long time did he raise his head and exhaled easily, "My count is finished; a total of 2 taels and 319."

Lei Tie quickly finished counting the last copper coin, "2 taels and 453."

Qin Mian's eyes brightened, "Hahaha! So much, and it only took one day to earn the monthly rent back."

Lei Tie glanced at his (QM) hand, "Hire another waiter tomorrow. You're only responsible for collecting money."

Qin Mian only hesitated for a few seconds before he agreed, "Sure, it's a matter of 500 Wen."

They put all the money in the money pouch, locked the door and drove the cart home in the dusk. The night wind was colder than the day, especially when they passed over the mountains, the wind was stronger that the shivering cold went straight into the neck. Qin Mian sat next to Lei Tie, but he still had to press onto the man's body. He also didn't understand it himself why he didn't get into the cart's compartment.

Lei Tie switched to his left hand to raise the whip while his right arm enclosed a person.

"Wear more clothes tomorrow."

"Go to the cloth shop tomorrow and buy some good cloth to make two scarves." Qin Mian rubbed his stomach, "I'm not full. I'll cook the hot pot at home."

Lei Tie said: "400 bamboo sticks and not one is missing."

Qin Mian understood his meaning and said with a smile: "Don't worry. I need the bamboo sticks for other purposes."

Until half a month later, the business of Eating Savory Restaurant still didn't fall back, but was getting better with each passing time. Qin Mian added barbecue business in the shop. Due to the shop being too small, he discussed with the owner of the neighboring grocery store to occupy the open space in front of their store and gave the owner of the grocery store 100 Wen a month as fee. Qin Mian got along with people quite well and gave the owner a bowl of spicy hot soup or a few barbecues to eat from time to time. Consequently, the last trace of unhappiness in the owner's heart disappeared.

The name of Eating Savory Restaurant gradually became well-known. Some people in the county even went to Running Water Town to eat hot pot and spicy hot soup, merely to get through this kind of spicy and numbness addiction. There were two restaurants that tried to make hot pot and spicy hot soup dishes. Unfortunately, no matter how much they tossed about, the taste of the soup was not as good as that from Eating Savory Restaurant. Another restaurant wanted to buy Qin Mian's secret recipe, but Qin Mian refused without hesitation.

The ox-cart of Qin Mian's family dashed to the town every day and finally attracted the attention of an idle hoodlum in Green Mountain Village. In less than a day, the news about Qin Mian and Lei Tie opened a restaurant in the town blew across the village like a gust of wind.