Chapter 086: Double Xiang House

Chunsheng said, "Don't you think Boss Qin and Boss Lei are stupid? If they can't find a suitable place to open a wine house in town, why don't they go to the county town? How many customers can such a small town have? Why do they spend so much effort on building a wine house in the town? This little one can't understand."

Nie Heng leaned relaxedly on the carriage and pondered, "This is indeed strange. Their hometown is in a village in Running Water Town. Maybe they just don't want to be too far away from home."

Did Qin Mian consider things in such a simple way? For the time being, it was unknown.

One and a half months later, the wine house was completed, and only left the detailing aspect of the design to be completed.

Qin Mian released the news that he was going to sell the recipe and indicated that he would only sell 20 copies. Upon hearing the news, the owners of the wine houses from nearby towns and even the county town with strong finance came over. The earliest twenty owners respectively spent 500 silver taels to buy the recipe containing sixteen kinds of ingredients.

Qin Mian made 10,500 silver taels just by selling recipes.

Afterward, the busy farming season came as scheduled. Qin Mian's land was small, and there were three servants in the family. It took only three days to harvest, thresh, dry, and put the wheat into the warehouse.

Taking advantage of this opportunity, Qin Mian bought 10 mu of the highest quality farmland in the village. They were all connected. Culturing paddy seedlings and transplanting paddy seedlings were left to Xile, Uncle Fu, and Aunt Fu to handle. He and Lei Tie were still inseparable from the work at the wine house.

On the 20th of the 5th lunar month, the wine house was completed. Qin Mian named it Double Xiang House, which was written by Lei Tie himself and made into a plaque. The word "Xiang[飨]" meant both "a feast to entertain guests" and "enjoyment[Xiang享]". This name could be described as ingenious.

Speaking of which, Running Water Town was named such because there was a river passing through the town. The new wine house was situated at the edge of Running Water Town and precisely stood across the river. One building on the river surface was a wine house named Binzhi. The other building on the east of the river was an inn named Rugui. Semicircular walls were built outside the two buildings with the river bank as the baseline and the river as the central axis, creating bilateral symmetry. The two baselines were connected by an arch bridge in the middle over the river. The arch bridge was built very high to prevent someone from invading Double Xiang House from here.

The two buildings had three floors. The second and third floors were connected by a suspension bridge. Qin Mian deliberately left only one entrance of Double Xiang House, which was the courtyard gate of the Binzhi Building. In other words, if one wanted to go to the Rugui Building, one could only enter from the Binzhi Building.

The first floor, which was the lobby of the Binzhi Building, was divided into two parts. On the left was an ordinary dining place that included two-person seats, four-person seats, and eight-person seats, as well as rectangular dining tables with square benches for individual customers. On the right was a strange-looking dining platform, which was the distinguishing feature of Double Xiang House – a revolving buffet. It was inspired by the revolving belt sushi (restaurant). On the second floor, there were twelve private rooms with different calligraphy and paintings that had different poems on them. The third floor was the honored guest lounge with only four rooms in total, so not only one could view the scenery but there were also interesting recreational facilities. On top of the third floor, there was a rooftop with a big parasol erected. This place was only used to entertain a group of guests at a time. It was a unique and unmatched place.