Chapter 091: Deliver Cherries

From the suspension bridge to the third floor of the Binzhi Building, and then from the third floor to the lobby on the first floor, Nie Heng saw that there were several more calligraphy and paintings on the wall. It was the work that won the prize in today's talent competition. Under the calligraphy and painting, the words like 'a certain someone from Qingyun Academy was in Double Xiang House on a certain day, a certain month and a year' were added.

"Look, gongzi." Chunsheng pointed to a painting and calligraphy on the wall facing the front door of the lobby.

Nìng kě jū wú zhú [I'd rather live without bamboo]

Bù kě shí wú ròu. [But cannot eat without meat]

Wú zhú lìng rén sú [Without bamboo, people are brusque (vulgar)]

Wú ròu lìng rén shòu. [Without meat, people are reed (thin)]

Nie Heng smiled with admiration on his face. It was unknown whether he admired the person who wrote the poem or the person who hung the poem. Then, he briskly walked to the garden.

After dark, when the last diner left, Qin Mian summoned all the staff to the lounge for a meeting. He looked at the tired faces of the staff and motioned for Xile to pour tea for them.

Everyone was overwhelmed by the superior's favor.

After making sure that their attention was back on him, Qin Mian said, "Everyone has been working hard today, especially the chefs and waiters. There are too many guests today, so you are the busiest. However, our Double Xiang House is situated in a small nameless remote town with few local customers. This is a fact. After the three days of discount, there may not be as many customers as today. The big boss and I are not going to hire more chefs and staff at the moment. Let's wait and see the situation first. The four chefs and all the waiters will have to work hard for another two days. So are the others. But everyone's hard work has paid off. The big boss and I have discussed and decided that today, everyone will be rewarded with 50 Wen as encouragement."

Everyone was all overjoyed and said, "Many thanks, Big Boss and Little Boss!"

Qin Mian smilingly added, "We also decided to set up three awards, namely: the best smile award, the most diligent award, and the most thoughtful service award."

"Little Young Master, what are the best smile award, the most diligent award, and the most thoughtful service award?" Xile 'butt in'.

Qin Mian explained, "The best smile award is to smile with enthusiasm when entertaining the customers. The person with the most favorite smile will receive the best smile award, which will be evaluated once a month, and be awarded 50 Wen. The most diligent award, as the name suggests, is the award for the most diligent staff, which is also rewarded with 50 Wen. For example, if a cleaner always cleans the floor and cleans the table in time, he will get the most diligent award.

As the most thoughtful service award, whether it's a waiter or a cleaner, or even a gardener, they should greet the customers warmly when they need help. For example, when a gardener is pruning flowers and trees in the garden, a guest asks you "where is the stable?", you have to tell him the location of the stable in detail. If you take him to the stable in person or even find a stableman for him, it can be said the most thoughtful service."

His explanation was so easy to comprehend that everyone showed a look of understanding.

Qin Mian said, "If you understand it, I'll let people make a detailed list of rewards and punishments tomorrow. If you receive a reward, you'll be marked a little red flower; if you make a mistake, you'll be marked a little black flower. By the end of the year, Double Xiang House will select the two best employees. Whoever gets the reddest flowers and the least black flowers will get a huge bonus."