Chapter 111: The Hapless Lei Xiangli

"Everyone in the village knows that you are kind to your servants and employees." Chen San's wife had a firmer smile on her face and a softer voice, "I heard that your servants are given meat every month; they're better than some villagers."

Qin Mian didn't admit to her words and just smiled.

"Uncle Chen, does this mean you agreed? I'll let you know when the winery starts operating."

"All right, all right." Uncle Chen rubbed his hands and smiled.

After Qin Mian and Lei Tie left, a few villagers went to Chen San to inquiry about the news.

The two passed by the tofu workshop on the way back. In actuality, the workshop was based on the opened window in the back room of a house. Tofu, dried tofu, fried tofu, and so on were placed there where the passers-by could see.

Qin Mian saw the lady owner of the tofu workshop brought out a plate of freshly-made tofu, "I haven't eaten tofu for a long time."

The lady owner cheerfully said, "Then buy 2 jin to bring home. It's delicious whether pan-fry, deep-fry, or boil!"

Qin Mian walked over and inquiringly said to Lei Tie, "Buy 2 jin of tofu and 2 jin of dried tofu?"

Lei Tie took off the pouch hanging on his belt.

The lady owner chuckled at Qin Mian with a significant meaning.

Qin Mian kept a straight face, utterly calm.

The lady owner skillfully cut the tofu and weighed the dried tofu, "Accurate 2 jin of tofu. 2 jin and 2 liang of dried tofu, count as 2 jin. The total is 7 Wen."

Lei Tie took out seven copper coins and put them on the counter. He picked up the packaged tofu and dried tofu. These actions made the lady owner smiled with goodwill.

"Be careful on your way."

The owner of the tofu workshop came out of the room, rubbing his stomach with a drowsy look, "I'm starving. Why haven't you cook?"

"Eat, eat, and eat. You only want to eat all day!" The lady owner's slender finger stabbed on his forehead with bitterness, "You look at how good Lei Tie treats his wife, not even letting his wife hold things. And you? Your wife is a delicate and charming woman, but you don't know how to cherish it!"

The owner avoided her hand. He looked at her thick waist and fat buttocks, and then chuckled, "Delicate and charming? I don't see it."

"What did you say?" The lady owner put her hands on her hips as her apricot eyes glared.

"N-nothing." The owner suddenly withered and said with a dry laugh, "You're delicate and charming. Are you going to cook?"

"Humph!"

Qin Mian raised his eyebrow and stared at Lei tie. Lei Tie looked steadily forward, being ignorant.

Qin Mian couldn't help laughing. He heard the conversation behind him and didn't believe that Lei Tie didn't hear it.

Today, there was no wind at all. The hot sunlight shone down made the wilting leaves on the trees shining with a golden radiance. The ground was scorching hot, appearing as if smoke could come out from it.

The cicadas were chirring tirelessly amid the leaves; one sound was higher than the other.

Qin Mian's face was scorched by the sun. He quickened his paces, "Let's eat cold dishes and pot-stewed dish for lunch."