Chapter 117: Wife is Mighty

The mountains and rivers were full of spiritual qi. For four days, Qin Mian had been practicing. He was very talented in cultivation. In a few days, his accomplishments reached the middle stage of Enlightenment. It was no problem for him to leap over the treetops and across the rivers.

To shorten the gap between them, Lei Tie did not practice but accompanied him at the side. Occasionally, he entered the space and bustled about, collecting eggs, harvesting vegetables, growing vegetables, picking fruits, and so on. Also, he used the grapes in the space to brew six jars of wine. When he was away, Qin Mian was guarded by White Spot.

Four days later, two men and a wolf appeared in the public's sight.

Outside the village, the golden paddy looked more dazzling in the sun. When the old farmers touched the ears of the paddy, their wrinkled faces showed a satisfied smile.

The two deliberately went around their paddy field. Uncle Fu and four servants were working hard to harvest the paddy. From time to time, they wiped the sweat slipping down their chins with the towels hanging around their necks.

"Eldest Young Master and Little Young Master are back!"

Lei Tie waved his hand to stop them from saluting. He turned over and dismounted, walked to the edge of the paddy field, and cut off an ear to check.

"A-Tie, how is the paddy this year?" Qin Mian came to him and asked.

They dared not to have a big gap with other people's paddy fields, so they did not use the spiritual spring water in the paddy field. However, before transplanting the paddy seedlings, they had their servants fertilize the paddy field. Therefore, both men were concerned about the paddy's harvest.

Lei Tie nodded, "Pretty good, the grains are fuller and less shriveled."

Uncle Fu happily chipped in, "Eldest Young Master, Li Zheng passed by here just now and also praised that our paddy is one of the best in the village this year."

In the beginning, Qin Mian had people to put farmyard manure into the paddy field, which the villagers did not understand. In the past, the careful villagers found that vegetables that had been accidentally spilled with manure grew better than other vegetables, so they pondered whether the manure could fertilize the field. The bold villagers tried it on the whole field, and all the vegetables died. Since then, no one dared to try. Farmyard manure naturally had the effect of fertilizing the soil, but because they did not dilute the farmyard manure, it ''burnt'' the vegetables to death.

"Uncle Fu, you find a time to talk with Li Zheng that the farmyard manure can only be used for fertilizing after being diluted," Qin Mian said.

"Yes, Little Young Master." Uncle Fu reported the household's affairs in detail, "Uncle Quan takes four people to dig peanuts in the peanut field. My wife and Uncle Quan's wife are cutting the soybean pods."

"Got it."

Farmers dreaded rain during the harvest season. After Qin Mian and Lei Tie went home, they put on straw hats to help in the peanut field.

Lei Tie pulled up the peanut vines one by one and piled them together, while Qin Mian sat on a small bench and picked the peanuts off one by one and put them in the basket. Qin Mian had secretly sprinkled diluted spiritual spring water on the peanut field in Leisurely Farmhouse. The peanuts were white and plump, making him very satisfied. He had already thought of what to eat for lunch.

They were busy until noon. Qin Mian went back to cook an hour earlier. He cooked a dish of shelled peanuts with vinegar and a dish of boiled five-flavored peanuts, trying something new.