Chapter 043: Wife, I Can Raise You

Opening a shop was not a simple thing. Before opening, it was necessary to decorate the shopfront, supplement all kinds of materials in the kitchen, add equipment, hire employees, and advertise.

The catering business mainly focused on cleanliness. Therefore, Qin Mian didn't spend much time decorating the shop, only letting people clean the roof, walls and ground. There were some unsightly holes in the wall, so he asked Lei Tie to make bamboo pieces and wood chips of different sizes and arrange them into artistic and stylish patterns to fix on the wall that might after all be accepted as a kind of distinguishing feature. The tables and chairs were all new, so as to make the customers feel comfortable when they ate.

In addition, Qin Mian bought a large noodle maker. The noodle maker of the Rich and Honor Woodcraft Shop had its own characteristics in Qin Mian's design. Its appearance was polished perfectly and was carved with patterns, which sold well. At the beginning of the noodle maker springing up, other woodcraft shops in the town had to buy from here.

After dark, Qin Mian and Lei Tie didn't go to sleep immediately but discussed things on the heatable brick bed with the oil lamp lit.

"You didn't say what to sell." Lei Tie's back leaned on a lump of a quilt.

Qin Mian raised his head with a smile and looked very confident. "It's cold, so naturally people want to eat something warm. I want to sell 'hot spicy soup' and 'hot pot'." He was very glad that people in this world didn't think that food could be cooked by dipping finely sliced ingredients briefly in boiling water or soup.

He explained to Lei Tie in detail how the hot spicy soup and hot pot were made. "In short, I cooked vegetables and meat dishes in the boiling soup. This soup is not a common soup, but a special one, made of 18 kinds of seasonings. Do you remember the cinnamon, dried tangerine peel and vanilla I bought? That's what this soup needs."

Lei Tie looked at him for a moment before taking away his brush and paper. "It's late. Talk tomorrow."

Qin Mian also began to feel sleepy. He yawned and lay down, "Let's sleep. I'll make it for you tomorrow and you'll know."

Lei Tie blew the oil lamp and lay down, habitually holding a person in his arms. "Okay."

Qin Mian was excited when he thought that he would be able to open a business in a few days. His sleepiness suddenly subsided and he made a joke: "Now, it's me raising you."

Lei Tie's arms stiffened. "I'll go up the mountain tomorrow."

Qin Mian laughed, "I'm joking."

"Spicy hot soup requires meat dishes." Lei Tie left no room for doubt.

Qin Mian thought about it and acquiesced, "Alright. There are still a lot of things to prepare. Tomorrow I have to grind the dried tangerine peels and cinnamon into powder." He also bought a stone mill purposely for the seasoning.

"I want to go deeper this time, be back in two days." Lei Tie spoke again.