Chapter 168: Into the Capital

Everything was decided like such.

The Emperor ordered Eunuch Li to escort Lei Tie and his family back to the Capital, apparently to prevent Lei Tie from leaving his family in Green Mountain Village. Thinking of this, Qin Mian and Lei Tie didn't have much time to delay. They asked the servants to call the persons-in-charge of their several workshops and shops.

This hometown was the headquarters of Qin Mian and Lei Tie. They had no intention of giving it up. The bakery, restaurant, and Double Xiang House were still handed over to the current persons-in-charge. In order to encourage the three persons-in-charge to work harder, Qin Mian and Lei Tie had decided after a discussion to give them 10% of the profits of the stores they were responsible for.

Leisurely Farmhouse and Qilin Summer Mountain Villa were taken care of by Uncle Quan. Uncle Quan was to be the steward of their old home and responsible for everything. Lei Dahe was in charge of the winery, Lei Dashan was in charge of the vermicelli workshop, and Lei Dashu was in charge of the fermented tofu workshop. Uncle Quan's monthly salary was raised to 5 taels of silver, while Lei Dahe, Lei Dashan, and Lei Dashu's monthly salary were raised to 1 tael of silver. For the rest of the servants, the monthly salary of the third-class was increased by 50 Wen, that of the second-class by 100 Wen, and that of the first-class by 150 Wen.

Qin Mian and Lei Tie wanted to bring Uncle Fu, Aunt Fu, Lei-Qin Le, Lei-Qin Le's wife, and the nine armed servants to the Capital. After all, they also needed confidants in the Capital. The rest of the servants stayed in Green Mountain Village.

It took Qin Mian and Lei Tie five days to settle everything in their home.

When it was time to leave, the whole family was very reluctant. Leisurely Farmhouse was built by Qin Mian and Lei Tie, where every place had their footprints and was full of their memories. Yuanyuan and Manman were also reluctant to leave. The home in the Capital would not be as full of fruit trees and flowers as their home in Green Mountain Village, let alone a unique amusement park.

The family of four took a last stroll in Leisurely Farmhouse. Lei Tie entrusted Lei Xiangyi, Lei Xiangli, and Li Zheng to take care of the house/family. The family got on the carriage and set off for the Capital. They brought a lot of special local products, so there were seven carriages in total.

Almost all the people in the village came out to see them off. They watched the carriages go up the mountain along the village road and disappear after climbing over the mountain slope.

It was impossible for Golden Fur and White Spot to like and get used to the life in the Capital. Qin Mian, Yuanyuan, and Manman could only bear the pain to leave them very reluctantly.

White Spot and Golden Fur seemed to know that they would be separated from the four masters for a long time; they looked very sullen. They sent the family all the way to the town and were driven back by Qin Mian.

Leaning on the window, looking at White Spot and Golden Fur's figures gradually disappeared, Yuanyuan and Manman started to cry out, almost out of breath as tears rolled down their faces.

"Golden Fur—White Spot—"

Qin Mian and Lei Tie couldn't coax them for a long time. The two little boys cried until they were tired and fell asleep.

The next day after departure, Lei Xiangzhi came to Qin Mian and Lei Tie's carriage to inform them of the situation in the Capital, especially the forces in the officialdom. However, Lei Xiangzhi was only a sixth rank official now; he did not qualify to attend the Imperial Court. He only knew something about it.

The day before entering the Capital, Eunuch Li spurred his horse next to their carriage and chatted with Qin Mian and Lei Tie. Only then Qin Mian and Lei Tie had a general understanding of the Imperial Court.