Chapter 174: Princess Yanqing

Emperor Xiaohui thought of Qin Mian's medical skills. After laughing, he pretended not to know, "My dear subject Yang, you muddleheaded! If you have an unmentionable disease, you should go to the Imperial Doctor of the Imperial Institute of Medicine. You can't go to those itinerant quacks outside. What should you do if it gets worse... sigh."

Almost all the ministers used the ceremonial tablets to block their faces as they snickered, stifling it so much that their faces turned red. The older ministers looked at Yang-daren with heartache and headache and muttered to themselves that he was a disgrace to the educated class. Of course, there were also some ministers, who had also saved money to send beauties to the State Defender Duke Establishment, turned grey-faced and were dissatisfied with the State Defender Duke and his Lady.

A minister kindly helped Yang-daren up.

"Reporting, Your Majesty. Your servant didn't have [disease]..." Yang-daren's face was as red as a monkey's buttocks. His fingers trembled as he pointed to Lei Tie – he was very angry. "It's, it's the Lady of the State Defender Duke. He..."

Lei Tie asked in a cold voice, "Yang-daren, speak cautiously! What does it have to do with my wife?"

Some ministers were good at figuring out His Majesty's meaning. When they saw Emperor Xiaohui smiling but not saying anything, they knew that the emperor was happy to see this. Someone boldly created a disturbance, "Yang-daren, do you mean to say that you're like this because of Lady of the State Defender Duke? You can't simply accuse Lady of the State Defender Duke. Without rhyme or reason, why would Lady of the State Defender Duke create trouble with you?"

One of the emperor's most taboo things was that the ministers formed cliques for personal gain. How could Yang-daren say that it was because he sent beauties to the State Defender Duke Establishment, trying to win him over? He glanced at Emperor Xiaohui in fear. He rebuked himself and swallowed his pride, "This is just a misunderstanding."

Emperor Xiaohui was well aware of the ministers' shady methods, but he would not take it seriously when his ministers occasionally made some minor mistakes. If he had investigated everything, he would have been dead tired.

"Alright, if it's a misunderstanding, solve it. What's the point of making trouble in the court! Adjourn." Emperor Xiaohui flung his sleeve and left.

When Emperor Xiaohui was far away, the ministers all burst out laughing. Some people deliberately asked Yang-daren if he really had an unmentionable disease, they could recommend a famous doctor.......

Yang-daren's face was ghastly pale. When he looked back, he discovered that Lei Tie was gone and went after him.

"State Defender Duke, please stop! It's a disrespect of this lowly official to have offended your honorable Lady, unintentionally. Can State Defender Duke ask your honorable Lady to give this lowly official the antidote?"

The other ministers dallied as their eyes peered furtively.

Lei Tie indifferently stared at Yang-daren, "Yang-daren, everything needs to be based on evidence. My wife is the First Rank Mandated Lady; how can you slander [him] at will? And this officer's first rank is certainly not a decoration. Excuse my absence."

With that, he walked away.

Yang-daren was so angry that his body trembled.

At noon of the same day, Qin Mian received a 1000-tael silver banknote asking for an antidote. He accepted it calmly and gently said to the manservant of Yang-daren's household, "Tell Yang-daren that there is no antidote. It will be fine after three days."