Chapter 074: The Leisurely Farm Residence of Qin Mian and Lei Tie

Kunzai and Xuanzai had a general interest in snacks. When they saw a wooden knife, sailboats, and carriages on the wooden rack, they ran over excitedly and reached out for them.

Qin Mian walked over and gently said, "These are the gifts your cousin-uncle gave to me. You can play with them, but be careful, alright?"

Kunzai nodded and took the sailboat down to have a look. He fondled it admiringly.

Xuanzai then held the model of the carriage without loosening his grip and expectantly said to Qin Mian, "Cousin-uncle Mian, I like this carriage very much. Cousin-uncle Mian, give it to me."

"Er..." Qin Mian avoided making any reply and euphemistically said, "If you like it, I can ask your cousin-uncle to make another one for each of you." These were the New Year's gifts from Lei Tie. He was unwilling to give them to others.

Xuanzai held the carriage tightly, pouting without speaking.

Xiya frowned and went over. She spoke harshly, "Xuanxuan, didn't Third Aunt[1] teach you not to ask for other people's things? If I want your favourite bamboo dragonfly, will you give it to me?"

[1] Xuan's mom.

Xuanzai bared his teeth and cried out, "No! That's mine!"

"In that case, how can you ask for other people's things?" Xiya sternly asked.

Qin Mian saw the situation was turning bad and hurriedly said, "How about this. Let's go to your cousin-uncle and ask him to make a slingshot for each of you. We'll go to shoot birds, alright?"

Xuanzai immediately put down the carriage and said happily, "Good, good! We'll go to shoot birds."

"I'm going too!" Kunzai also put the sailboat back.

Even Yuanzai slipped down from the chair and tottered over, "I'll go too!"

At long last, they were coaxed into behaving for the time being. Qin Mian secretly wiped his cold sweat and nodded his head to express his thanks to Xiya. He did not know how to entertain these few little girls appropriately. While he was embarrassed, Lei Xiangzhi and Lei Chuntao came in together.

"We're here, eldest sister-in-law."

"Perfect timing." Qin Mian breathed a sigh of relief, and welcomed the two people inside, "Little sister, I'll have to trouble you to watch over these girls."

Lei Chuntao chuckled and lifted the small basket on her arm. "Eldest sister-in-law can rest assured to leave it to me. Last time I saw these flowers in your house and thought they were very beautiful. I tried to make some myself. I'll teach them how to make cloth flowers today, they'll like it. Look, I've brought everything."

In the basket were bits of cloth in various colours.