Chapter 082: Lei Xiangzhi Is Going To Take Part in the Prefectural Exam

Lei Xiangzhi said, "Some of my schoolmates are planning a relaxation trip before the college exam. I don't know where they heard that the owner of Leisurely Farm Residence is my eldest brother, so they want to come to the garden and let me ask you what you think."

Qin Mian looked at Lei Tie.

Lei Tie slightly frowned, "Every blade of grass and every tree in the garden can't be moved." These were the efforts of him and his wife.

Lei Xiangzhi said, "That is of course. Eldest brother and eldest sister-in-law can rest assured that the students I've made friends with are all people who know the etiquette."

Lei Tie nodded to Qin Mian.

Qin Mian had no intention of opposing it. Their relationship with Lei Xiangzhi was good and they could not refuse Lei Xiangzhi so that he would not lose his face.

He ate the last two mouthfuls of noodles in the bowl and asked, "Our garden is more beautiful than the courtyard of ordinary households, but it is far worse than that of the wealthy families and scenic spots. Why would they be interested in coming here?"

Lei Xiangzhi put down his teacup and shook his head. "Perhaps, they're coming for these flowers."

Qin Mian had no talent for studying and in fact, his enrollment in university was the second batch. He could not stand those gifted scholars who were fond of literary pursuits and those intellectuals who talked literary jargon all day. He wanted to avoid them in advance, so he asked casually, "When will they come?"

Lei Xiangzhi said, "Sometime tomorrow."

Lei Tie and Qin Mian had a tacit understanding, "We'll go to the town tomorrow, so you'll entertain them yourself. Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu will be there for you."

"Many thanks, eldest brother." Lei Xiangzhi gratefully said.

Qin Mian asked, "How many days before the prefectural exam?"

Lei Xiangzhi answered, "We'll depart in two days."

The next morning, Qin Mian, Lei Tie, and Xile went to the town together.

About eight to nine of Lei Xiangzhi's schoolmates gathered at Lei Xiangzhi's home.

With so many young talents brought by her son, Du Shi's heart was contented. She warmly welcomed them with a smile. Intentionally or unintentionally, she pushed Wei Shi aside.

After sitting for a while, Lei Xiangzhi took his schoolmates to the Leisurely Farm Residence. Du Shi generously gave him two bags of melon seeds and fried peanuts left over during the New Year, as well as the snacks and dried fruits that were bought especially after hearing the distinguished guests would come so that he could treat the guests well. Originally, she also wanted to go to the farm residence but was persuaded otherwise by Lei Xiangzhi.

Scholars seemingly liked to wear white clothes and the clothes set off their white faces even more handsomely. The villagers had seen many dark and swarthy rural boys who were suntanned and never seen so many youngsters with red lips and white teeth at once. They all stared at them curiously. There were even daring girls hiding in the distance, peeking while blushing.

"Fifth gongzi." Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu had been briefed by Qin Mian earlier. They stood at the gate to meet the guests.

Lei Xiangzhi said, "Uncle Fu and Aunt Fu, I'll take them around first. Please prepare some tea by the flowerbed."

"Yes." Lei Xiangzhi was gentle and polite. Uncle Fu had a favorable impression of him.

As soon as they passed the gate, they were attracted by the cloud-like peach blossoms in front of them and incessantly gasped in admiration.