Chapter 050: Give Matchmaker Jin a Like

[1] Like as in an online post on Weibo, Facebook etc.

"Puff–" Lei Xiangren coughed and spurted out tea. He wiped his mouth as he stole a glance at his parent's faces. He wanted to laugh but didn't dare to. "Matchmaker Jin, you must be mistaken."

Lei Daqiang's face flushed red; it was unknown whether he was shy or angry.

Both Zhao Shi and Qian Shi lowered their heads as they snickered while suppressing the laugh, making their faces flushed red.

Lei Xiangyi and Lei Xiangli looked at each other. Their father had three grandchildren; two grandsons and a granddaughter, but still had someone come to act as a matchmaker.

Lei Xiangyi stammered: "Matchmaker Jin, is mistaken, right?"

Matchmaker Jin seemed as though she did not notice the others' flushed faces and waved her hand as she said: "How could I make a mistake? If I'm mistaken, won't it hurt my own reputation? The girl also knows about your family's situation, and she is quite satisfied. I'm not exaggerating but the girl's appearance is first-grade. She is gentle and amiable and her cooking is especially first-class. When she truly became your family, you all can live comfortably afterwards." She spoke as she looked at Lei Daqiang.

Lei Daqiang was cornered, sitting on pins and needles. However, the words "gentle", "beautiful" and "20 silver tales" constantly circled around his mind.

At this time, Du Shi finally regained her mind, stood up and glared at Matchmaker Jin, "Get out of here! You go match such a good girl to others!"

The smile on Matchmaker Jin's face faded and her cold eyes fell on Du Sh's face as she said calmly, "Why should sister be so angry? Brother Lei hasn't said anything yet."

"You get out of here, I–"

"Mother!" Lei Xiangli was shocked and hurriedly stopped her. He said quickly in her ear, "Don't be impulsive! If you offend Matchmaker Jin, what will happen to the marriage of me, fifth brother and little sister?"

The flame of fury in Du Shi's belly swirled, she couldn't understand Lei Xiangli's words at all, "What's the relationship between your marriage and her? Get out of the way!"

Matchmaker Jin sat there, looking at Lei Xiangli with a smile. Finally, someone has a brain.

Lei Xiangli said anxiously: "Listen to me. Matchmaker Jin is the most famous matchmaker in town. She must know other matchmakers. Do you think about what would happen if she spoke ill of us to other matchmakers? Fifth brother and I are men, but little sister's reputation must never be spoiled."

Du Shi quivered and her mind finally cleared up with incessant lingering fear. However, the anger and reluctance did not disappear.

"Matchmaker Jin, our family head doesn't plan to marry an equal wife. Can you please," Du Shi suppressed her anger and grudge as she made a gesture with her right hand towards the door. If she could, she would like to pick up Matchmaker Jin and throw her out.