Chapter 193- 194

Chapter 193- Reunion

As early as that year, when he met the young man who looked similar to him in the Capital, Qin Mian imagined that he would meet the family of the body's original owner in the future. Therefore, he was not surprised or excited at this time. It was even more impossible to say if he had any feelings for Qin Wencai.

He was very calm, "The left side of my waist side does have a mole; as for whether there is on the right shoulder, I don't know."

Qin Wencai almost blurted out "just see it at a glance", but although the other party was a man, he also had the identity of Lady of the State Defender Duke. Therefore, Qin Wencai could not be sudden and brusque.

"There must be... You look so much like me, and you happen to have a mole on your left waist. These two points alone are enough to explain the question." Qin Wencai's tone was firm; his eyes glistened with moisture as they fell on Qin Mian, reluctant to part.

Qin Mian was a little uncomfortable that he frowned. After Qin Wencai's real son died, he just happened to occupy his body. It was somewhat impossible to have him genuinely and sincerely accept Qin Wencai as a father. First of all, he wouldn't take advantage of a dead man and enjoy something that didn't belong to his kinship; second, he couldn't call a stranger his father; third, he was selfish – like Lei Tie, he didn't want to give rise to a more complicated household. Back then, the young man mostly doubted his identity but did not take the initiative to recognize him. It could be seen that he was not welcome back to the Qin family. The situation in the Qin family must be very complicated.

Qin Wencai sighed, "You haven't taken the initiative to go home since you've been in the Capital for so long. I guess that you most probably don't have the memory of the past. Sure enough... you..."

Qin Mian interrupted him in polite and estranged manner, "Imperial Doctor Qin, it'd be better to wait until we arrive at the western pass to talk about it. How about it?" He had to ask Lei Tie if he had a mole on his right shoulder before he thought of a plan.

Qin Wencai was nine out of ten sure that he was indeed his son – half of the load on his mind had laid rest. In a good mood, he nodded, "Alright, alright..."

A few days later, the group arrived at Solemn City, Western Pass near noon. There was no snow in Solemn City, but the climate here was much worse than that in the Capital. The cold and dry wind blew on the face was like blades. The faces of pedestrians on the road were all red with cold. As long as the face, neck, hands, and ankles were not covered, the cold wind would fiercely invade, and the chill bit into the bone.

Qin Mian originally thought that because of the war, the doors of the houses and shops in the city would be tightly closed and the city would appear cold and desolate. When he entered the city, he found that it was still bustling. The flames of war at the border station seemed to have no impact on them. On the roadside, stalls sold various snacks, steaming smoke came from the woks and flew away with the wind carrying the smell of steamed stuffed bun, sesame seed pancake, baked sweet potato, and other food, which made one's mouth salivated and body felt warm.

The shop assistants wore felt hats and thick cotton-padded jackets and tightly tied their waists with either a rice straw or cloth strips. With their hands in their sleeves, they opened their mouths wide and shouted out, exhaling clouds of white steam.

"Steamed stuffed buns, hot steamed stuffed buns!"

"Sweet and fragrant roasted sweet potatoes. I'm sure you'll want a second after one taste!"

"Beef noodle, it's delicious and spicy. A bowl can keep you full until night!"

"......"

Qin Wencai praised, "Thanks to State Defender Grand General, who is brave and skillful in warfare, under his strict control, the common people can live and work in peace and contentment as before."