Chapter 114: Two Pink Balls

"Zhao Sifa, you villain!" Zhao Sifa's wife glared at him, threw herself at him, and beat him hard. She looked at him with despair while her tears were streaming in grieved and heartbroken, "Do you want to force our daughter and me to death before you are satisfied? Ah?"

"Calm down, sister." The women at the side hurriedly pulled her as they soothed her.

The faces of Zhou Erhao's wife and Li Sanlai's wife were red, wishing they could drill into the ground.

"Li Zheng, there is no such thing at all!" Zhou Erhao quibbled, "The whole village knows that there are dogs in the processing yard. How could we be foolish to run to death by ourselves?"

"No such thing?" Qin Mian calmly retorted, "Were the three of sleepwalking at the same time? Even carried ladders and brought steamed buns? Or, should I ask someone to find out who bought the knock-out drug, where was it bought?"

Zhou Erhao was tongue-tied. He knew it from the bottom of his heart that once everything was cleared out, he would be even more disgrace.

Li Sanlai coldly snorted and held his head high with an attitude of having been discovered. "I was in the processing yard out of curiosity. Couldn't I be allowed to walk in and have a look?"

Without Qin Mian's opening his mouth, some villagers disdainfully spoke out, "Going in at night? Li Sanlai, if you want to make excuses, find a decent one!"

Zhao Sifa pushed aside his wife and fiercely said, "You're lucky that nothing was stolen this time!"

Everyone was in an uproar, looking at him in disbelief.

"Qin Mian and Lei Tie, who told you to look down on people? You hired others to work, but not us. You are heartless, don't blame us for being mean!" Zhao Sifa yelled in justification and confidence.

Qin Mian laughed instead of being angry, and said in a low voice, "We didn't hire you because when we hired people to dig the pond, you only dug one time after others dug ten times. I can't hire a man like you. Uncles, this is not my fabrication, right? There were a lot of people there."

Some villagers chimed in one after another.

"That's right, I was there, and Uncle Liu too, right? We all clearly saw it!"

Zhao Sifa shrunk his neck, "People can change! How do you know I haven't changed since?"

Qin Mian smiled even colder as he looked at Zhao Sifa with a mocking look. "You think I don't know that it was you who made my ox nearly disappeared last time? I didn't say it because I was giving you a face, but somebody didn't appreciate it."

Zhao Sifa's face abruptly changed, and his eyes were evasive.

"What!" Other villagers were shocked. About half a month ago, Qin Mian's ox disappeared, and everyone helped to find it. They all thought that it was the ox that lifted the stake it was tethered to and ran by itself. At that time, they also thought it strange because Qin Mian's ox was very docile. How could it suddenly run away?

Lei-Qin Li raised his voice to expose Zhao Sifa's shameful deed, "Li Zheng, everyone. The matter of our ox almost disappeared back then was precisely done by Zhao Sifa. This event was witnessed by Grandpa Seven. Zhao Sifa, the old man is your grandfather. He pleaded for you and begged our eldest and little young masters to give you a chance. Unfortunately, you don't cherish it." In the Great Xia Dynasty, stealing and killing oxen were capital crimes.

The villagers' comments became louder as their disdainful eyes swept around Zhao Sifa.

Zhao Sifa's face darkly sunk. He tightly closed his mouth, not saying a word.