Chapter 115

3rd POV

The more days passed, the sooner the dreaded departure of the eldest Creed brother for Tokyo would arrive. Make no mistake, he wouldn't be going alone by any means. His loving parents as well as his adorable little sister would be there to keep him company, but their presence was far from guaranteeing no mood swings for the teen, especially with his extended family around. But before that day can arrive, there's a few stops he'd have to make against his will. Primarily, the clothing store.

You'd be a fool to think the eldest was a suit and tie kind of guy. I mean, last time, his own mother had to force him to wear one for dancing practice, and that was when his mood was still in good condition, in the company of the rescued Valkyrie. Do you think he'd agree to it again just as easily if the proposal came from one side of the family he hates?

Well, you're right, neither Cecilia nor Lara are yet truly part of his family, but you get the idea. Apparently the usual street punk attire of the teen would not cut it before his voyage begins. Therefore, you have the one teenager pushed around by 4 women through numerous high class clothing stores.

{I'd take another 100 thousand deaths over this right now...}, He thought to himself, before being dragged further along by his Aunt to move along. The again, he's the only one who could probably shrug said number of deaths off. To put salt on the wound, his sister stayed back home with his Dad, being sparred from this nuisance, but also leaving him alone in his annoyance.

"Can't we just buy directly in Tokyo? This seems more like time wasted.", he finally voiced some of his complaints.

"How innocent of you to think you'll have the time to do so once we arrive. Do you have any idea how many events you'd have to attend before the actual reunion?", Lara shot back, without even meeting his gaze.

She seemed even more on edge than Cecilia lately, as this whole reunion only brought back memories she wished she didn't have to recall.

"And before you raise another question, you'll attend them because for the past 2 years or so, you might as well not have been part of this family!", she continued.

In this regard, she was absolutely right. And to begin with, the boy had no intention to deny that he has distanced himself from anything that meant Abstergo or the business world once he got some grasp over his condition. He had to get the other 3 under control, and that left no time for fancy parties of the rich.

"Hmph. As if it would have changed anything if I attended."

"It would, at the very least, make you seem more responsible. It seems 2 years later, you still lack any sense of maturity in you."

Scarlett, Cecilia and Aina remained quiet. 2 of them contemplating about the maturity he couldn't publicly display, regarding the horseman. The third one recalled the last conversation she had with Leon, where she seemed to have stepped on a proverbial land mine at some point.

{Too bad maturity for you means kissing the ass of someone!}, He wanted to lash out, but restrained himself. Now that he was rested, he seemed to have regained some long lost patience from 5 years ago. That's not say his fatigue was completely vanquished, but it was a start.

"Just choose a god damn store already...", he quietly mumbled. And for once the girl actually took heed of his words. Not out of pure willingness, surely. She too took no pleasure in chaperoning the punk, especially since she's been forced into the position of secretary now that the previous part timer quit inexplicably.