Chapter 47

Leon's POV

After that little workout, I had to take another shower. I'm lucky that these walls are thick so nobody heard us... hopefully.

Still, I never thought I'll give in to these desires so easily. Having feelings for someone can make you do all sorts of things. But... I'm more than sure that she's the one Vali talked about when speaking about my ties with that terrorist group, through the process of elimination. In that case...is it really alright to...

Death: "I don't see what's the problem."

Ok. Sometimes I really hate the fact that I'm not able to know what he's up to. Good thing Kuroka is taking a shower, so she doesn't see me talking to myself since she shouldn't be able to hear him.

Leon:"... and i suppose you watched everything?"

Death:"I am part of you, aren't I? However, you don't need to think so much about what happened."

Leon:"I... don't know, Death. It's the first I ever got so interested in someone. I don't know if it was the heat of the moment or the fact that I was tired and couldn't think straight. But...shall I ever face Vali's group, she'd be my enemy..."

Death: "True, but why let that stop you. Working for the council, I witnessed a lot of romances flourishing on the battlefield. Demons and Angels, who didn't care in the slightest about what their people would think."

Leon: "I get that, but...this is a bit different. It's not just about those feelings of love. I have acted upon them, I'll have to shoulder what is to come."

Death: "Perhaps are you afraid of what the rest will say about your 'exchange' with the enemy? People like Rias Gremory or her associates?"

Leon: "That wasn't even a good joke. As if I'll let them meddle into my private life. I think you got me wrong. What I'm afraid is that one day, I'll have to choose between her and someone from my family. That might as well be my doom."

...

Death: "Through your eyes, I have seen many examples of humans, good and bad, but it while being cautious is a good attribute, you don't have to let it plague you at all times. It's ok to the hit the brakes sometimes."

...

Leon: "Heh. Looks like I got myself one hell of a therapist. On a serious note, thank you...I needed that."

Sigh... maybe it's time I relax a bit more. Thinking about it, a life together doesn't sound too bad, however, I'll have to sort it out with her, first.

Speaking of Kuroka, she just left the shower, with a big white towel wrapped around her, attempting to cover her chest.

Kuroka: "That was refreshing."

She sat down next to me on the bed, leaning on my shoulder as she dragged my arm around hers.

Kuroka: "Are you ok? You do seem a bit out of it. If it's about before, then-"

Leon: "I was just thinking, about what's to come."

Kuroka: "And?"

Leon: "I'm thinking of giving you a chance. Considering what happened today and what I've been feeling for a while, I might regret it further down the line, but...

Hearing my words, she was beyond happy, snuggling more into my chest. Heh, she was really waiting for this answer, wasn't she?

Leon: "But that means fewer secrets between us. You already know a lot about me, the curse, my family, to a certain extent, even where I live. I want to know about you, as well."