Chapter 18

3rd POV

      The devils were curious and at the same time, surprised by this turn of events. Nobody came out of the portal, yet they threatened a Phenex. But their questions were answered fast.

    An outline was starting to form inside the portal, the shadow of a man with fatal wounds yet still alive. Once the figure was out of the portal, some devils recognized him...Leon.

    He was in a deplorable state. His left eye was bleeding. There was a hole in his right knee, but what was most shocking was that where his heart should have been, there was only a hole the size of a fist, yet his body still crawled forward.

   The security of the event eventually stepped forward.

Guard:"Humans shouldn't be here.", He said, but the only thing he earned was Leon spitting at him with blood.

    As you expect, the devil didn't like it and tried to punch the human, however, a whip stopped his hand. Then it pulled the devil to another person coming from the portal, Desmond. Fury caught the devil by his neck and pinned him to a wall.

Desmond:"Please, refrain from doing that.", He warned with a smile, hiding any sign of anger. That was actually kind of creepy.

Riser:"How?! You're supposed to be dead!", He yelled in confusion, right as a bullet flew right next to him, scratching him, giving him incredible pain.

Bruce:"Wouldn't you want to know...", He said, is the complete opposite of Desmond, with a face with the word anger all over his face.

Grayfia:"You 2, what is wrong with your brother?", She asked worriedly.

Jason:"Nothing is wrong.", He stepped into the room as well, with a giant sword on his shoulder. "My brother won't die from that."

     As he said that, Leon heart started regenerating, while still visible to everyone. The most surprised ones were Sirzechs and Serafall Leviathan, who was here with her sister.

Serafall:"What is going on?", She asked confused.

Sirzechs:"If my assumptions are correct, those are the 4 individuals Grayfia was talking about. But...those weapons...they shouldn't exist anymore.", he spoke calmly, yet his eyes stayed fixed.

     Their conversation was cut short as Jason planted his sword in the ground, sending away 2 other guards.

Riser:"You! I don't know what you are, but I'll not let you disrupt my-"

Leon:"Shut up.", He warned, the light in his eyes vanished, dyed in black and red. "I warned you once. This time, you're not getting away."

     Then, the boy looked towards Sona, who was with her Sister and Sirzechs.

Serafall:"Don't you dare try to hurt her.", She took a defensive stance.

Leon:"Sona, you once asked if I fear death... Allow me to respond to respond to another question. Why would I fear myself?"

Sona:"What?"

"All who live to know my name, all who oppose me shall know Death."

    With those words uttered, black flames started to take form in his hands. First, they looked like blades, but then, they transformed into dual scythes.

Sirzechs:"Seems like my hunch was right. How come the horsemen are still around?"

    But he didn't get a response, cause Death was only concentrated on Riser.

Riser:"What do you want?"

Leon:"Isn't it obvious? Your head."

    With those words he dashed forward towards Phenex and slashed once, cutting his left arm.

Leon:"How does it feel? You may be able to regrow it, but the pain won't go away."

    He had the option to end this quick. But this was not in Leon's plan. Not after they purposely targeted his siblings.

    He continued to cut his legs and arms and kick him around the room. The other devils tried to get in between, but the other 3 were taking care of it.

Bruce:"Not so fast, lady. This is between them.", He said to Grayfia.

Grayfia:"How can you say this? Your brother is toying with a life", She raised her tone, while also hugging her son.

    However, her words made Leon stop.

Leon:"Toying with life, huh? What a convenient way to put things. Why is this toying with life, but casually refilling your forces with human or otherwise individuals that possess power not? Or you expect to believe they all agreed  quite nicely to a life-time of servitude?

     The strongest queen was already prepared to engage in battle, for the sake of her son, but her husband took the initiative.

Sirzechs:"As unfortunate as it is, I can't let that be a reason for you to kill a high devil. But I'm sorry for the suffering we may have created for you."

Leon:"Sorry? That doesn't cut it, not when a simple altercation between you and some dove-winged moron can degenerate and spell the end of people who aren't even aware of your existence."

     This time, the devil king didn't answer, perhaps feeling as if there's a point to what was said, or maybe due to wanting to avoid needless provocation. One thing Sirzechs could definitely see was that, albeit furious, there was room to be reason with.

     However, Riser took this conversation as a chance to get his honor back. With all his strength, he put Leon on fire of such high degree, that rivals even the sun. But the devils were foolish to believe that would work, cause from Inside the flames a sadistic laugh was heard.

Leon:"Only a crazy person does the same thing expecting  a different result.", He said as he revealed himself in a new form...Death. Even his brothers knew that playtime is over, cause for the first time on 3 years, Leon unleashed the power of the Horseman, something that the devils won't forget too soon, as it will hunt some of them, even in their nightmares.

 Even his brothers knew that playtime is over, cause for the first time on 3 years, Leon unleashed the power of the Horseman, something that the devils won't forget too soon, as it will hunt some of them, even in their nightmares

To be continued...