Chapter 92

3rd POV

       After long days, sleep is a salvation for anyone, am I right? Best way to relax, if you can that is. Let's just say that for those who can't sleep, the usual 'nice' and 'perfect' morning starts somewhere around 3 to 4 am. Very pleasant indeed and the eldest sibling will surely agree.

Leon:"Like hell I will. Worst feeling to be the only one awake and be bored out of your mind cause you want to avoid waking others up."

Death:"Take a stroll then or something. It'll do you good."

Leon:"My gut instinct tells me I'll just scare the personnel of the mansion cause I'm walking aimlessly, but sure. Nothing to lose I guess."

      While Death chose to remain in the room, Leon Creed took the advice of his friend and explored a bit on his own. People like maids or butlers were obviously alerted, but the man didn't seem to care. If anything, it confirmed what he previously said.

    "Is... something the matter, sir?", One of the maids mustered the courage to break the ice.

Leon:"No. In fact I'm enjoying myself... it's quiet."

    If he couldn't sleep, at the very least he would not be disturbed. That's not to say the 2 extra hours or so of sleep granted by Kuroka's gift weren't appreciated. Every minute counts.

    That being said, it's ironic how he finds himself starring at the dark sky, lying on the grass. Couches? Nah, who needs those? The cool ground is where it's at.

Leon:"I bet I'd get a lot of weird looks back home if I were to say that the cool breeze of hell is enjoyable..."

    I guess shower thoughts come even outside the shower. Interesting. That aside, he talked to particularly no one. You could argue he developed a habit of talking to himself after having Death around.

    With all this going on, the scene is definitely reminiscent of one of his encounters with the black cat, on his old house's roof. If he didn't know any better, he would definetly expect her to pop up out of nowhere. So far, she always appeared in moments of exhaustion.

...

Leon:"Maybe...she purposely timed it so she can toy with me. "

     It wouldn't be out of character, considering her flirty yet scheming nature. But then again, Leon Creed wasn't short of using underhanded measures either. In his own eyes, his kind is the most viscous one purely cause they can act the angel and the devil at the same time. Although, this time the situation goes a bit different.

Leon:"I guess me admiring the sky means 100% chance of attracting kittens, is that so Koneko?"

     The young girl jumped from behind a pillar, probably wasn't expecting to be found out. One look at her and you could clearly see she didn't wake up too long ago, judging by the shirt she was wearing, reaching way below her waist. To Leon's guess, she was probably alerted by his walk.

     Before was a black cat, this time it's a white one. Irony or chance? Place your bets. Anyway, she didn't say a word, but also kept her distance. Let's just say the look in her eyes wasn't that pleasing. But what's an angry kitten to someone who banters with Death everyday, literally.

Leon:"Aha. So a bird chirped after all. Well, all within expectations. Care to let me guess?"

      However, the young girl kept her dagger stare, although slowly approaching.

Leon:"... Akeno, was it?"

      Her small steps stopped completely. Make no mistake, she knew her upperclassman was no pushover, but sometimes people being right is very scary.