Chapter 38

Leon'S POV

I guess everyone experienced that time when your parents give you 'the look' and 'the phrase' that can scare you to death...yes? Well... after you experience getting your brain blown off, your heart ripped out and your body shredded by bullets...it kinda loses its effect.

Anyway, I ended up with my parents in the backyard, at a small table, in total silence.

Leon:"Sigh...you said you wanted to talk, yet you keep staying silent."

The only response I got was a sympathetic look... I HATE it when people take pity on me, even if they're family.

My father, Alex, took one more sip of coffee, sat down and finally got serious.

Alex:"I kept thinking about what happened earlier today, about what you said...and my conclusion is that you shouldn't take Abstergo upon yourself."

... Give. Me. A. Break.

Leon:"And why is that?"

Scarlett:"We feel like you wouldn't be happy becoming the CEO."

You're right about that, but...

Leon:"Sigh, you know it's not that simple."

Scarlett:"Yes dear, we know, but we can't let you do it. We realized that you might resent us, but-"

Leon:"No! I don't! And I'll never resent you for anything. You're my parents."

Alex:"...even after not being there when you needed it?"

Leon:"...yes, even after that. But what I won't forget is making the same mistake again!"

...

Alex:"...what happened to wanting to travel the world."

Oh, I've already fulfilled that dream, albeit in less peaceful conditions.

Leon:"Look, that was the rambling of a grade schooler. Have you stopped to consider what the other 3 plan to do?"

Scarlett:"I... can't say I paid too much attention to it..."

Leon:"They actually want to do something meaningful with their life, unlike myself.."

Alex:"Don't talk about yourself like that."

Leon:"But it's the truth, dad."

Alex:"What do you mean?"

...

Leon:"Look around father. Think back to what happened the past 3 years. Did you like how we treated each other then? The constant screaming? The fights? The-"

Scarlett:"Of course we didn't! But you changed."

Leon:"Yes, because I wanted them to change. Because I wanted her to have a normal family.", and because I didn't want to see my brothers turn into monsters.

Alex:"And you did. Don't you think it's time for you to rest as well?"

Leon:"Did I Cause last time I checked You 2 are still busy left and right with this damned business and see each other less often by the year. We're already grown up, but Anna is still a kid!"

Scarlett:"...I know. We know. But, that'll only be pushing things onto you for her sake. How is that fair to you."

Leon:"It doesn't to be fair. I don't care if it is.", I am used to having decisions taken for me by now anyway.

Scarlett:"And you think you can shoulder this all alone?"

Leon:"...Yes..."

Cause running this company can't even begin to compare to duty I've been given out of nowehere...