Chapter 22

Leon's POV

      After an eventful day, we finally returned home...where I can finally relax. Don't get me wrong, I'm feeling relief with the idea that the devils know who we are, but at the same time, I can't stop thinking that this may cause problems in the future. All said and done, I can rest for a while.

    "Hey, how about we go get some drinks?", My younger brother Bruce asked. Normally, I would agree with him, but as I said, all I wanted was to relax.

    "You can go, I'm too tired.", I simply responded.

    "You sure?", Jason questioned and I nodded. "Well, I'll bring some home for you. Be careful, you know what happens when you sleep."

     Ah yes, my curse...how can I forget. Well, at least I can watch the stars if I can't sleep. And so, as my brothers left, I got on the rooftop and gazed at the stars. It feels so weird to think how events transpired on this little planted, compared to how many others exist out there.

    During the night it's pretty cold outside, yet I was wearing just a t-shirt and jeans. But at the same time, I'm a living flamethrower, so the cold never bothered me anyway. Everything was calm around me until I felt something, better said someone hugging me from behind.

    "Long time no see.", the person said and I recognized her instantly, same ears, same tails.

   "Stop clinging to me.", I warned, but she didn't move an inch.

   "Eh?! But it's so cold outside and you're warm. Come on, Leon~". She somehow learned my name, but I didn't know hers.

   "Sigh...Who exactly are you and why are you here?", I asked her.

   "Hmm, you don't remember me? How cruel~". She was starting to get on my nerves.

   "I meant your name. You know mine, what's yours?", I questioned one more time.

   "Should I tell you? Why not, I'm Kuroka, it's a pleasure to meet you, death~". In an instant, my eyes changed color to a deep red. If she knows that much, she can be a danger.

    "Oh, why the sudden change? You're not going to hurt me, are you?", She asked, pretending to be hurt.

    "I said that I'll do it if you give me a reason. I'm at the edge of my patience. Why are you here?", I asked raising my body temperature.

    "Sigh...fine, fine. You know, I did say I'm looking for power, remember?", she started explaining.

    "Then you got the wrong house. The pervert doesn't live here.", I specified.

    "I know that. Besides, a horseman is stronger than a dragon, so...". She started to lean more onto me.

    "You want me to give you a shovel so you can continue gold digging?", I asked in a mocking way.

     She didn't seem to enjoy the comeback, but she didn't get angry either.

    "You see, this is why I like you. You don't throw yourself at just anybody. Your girlfriend must be really lucky~"

    "Yeah, when I'll find her...", She seemed surprised by my words.

    "O-oi...I thought guys don't usually talk about this kind of stuff cause it's embarrassing."

   "Well, I'm not just any guy.", besides, what's the point of trying when most people approach you for the family name rather than yourself. Not that I'm that much of a catch, considering my personality..

  "Hmm, then that means you're free. I still have a chance~", she said to herself.

    She got even closer, to the point where she was forcing me to look her in the eyes.

   "Hey, won't you give me a chance?~", she asked with hope in her eyes...and a bit of lust.

    At first glance, this seems just like any other attempt in the past. It's not the family name this time around, it's the Horsemen powers. A first really, for someone to desire them so badly. Still, maybe it could work differently if power can't be shared the same way wealth can.

...

    "Sigh...even if I were to give you a chance, that wouldn't happen in a day. If you want to get me, cheap tactics like seduction won't work on me. As you said, I'm not Hyoudou." For some reason, my words made her smile.

    "Well, that's better than a 'no'~", she explained before licking my right cheek. "We'll meet again, Leon~"

    And so, she vanished the same way she appeared out of nowhere. What a weird person, but I can't say I'm intrigued. She's honest with herself, unlike a lot of people I met. In a way, she's a subjectively good person, as opposed to objectively, but that doesn't stop me from wondering what the hell did I got myself into. Before I realized it, I was again starring at the sky, smiling.

   After a few more minutes, my brothers were back home, with 2 bottles of sake and 2 of wine. Well, I can certainly say that being a horseman has an advantage...not getting drunk.

    And so, the night was spent drinking and laughing together. I'm happy to be part of this family, in its current state at least.

Timeskip

     A new day at Kuoh Academy begun. Now, you're probably wondering how is the situation between us and the devils. Let's say that Gremory was trying to get closer to me. Keyword - trying. It was probably to get even for stopping the marriage...waste of time. Yeah, I know...I should probably accept them and warm up, but... would you forgive someone who attempted to kill your family for a simple sorry? What is this? A YouTube prank channel? I don't think so...

Meanwhile

     During the break, Saji found a stranger on the campus. As the regulation specifies, he brought this individual to the Student Council, in other words, to Sona.

     She looked from head to toe to this person, who was clearly afraid of her, cause she was slightly trembling. It didn't help that Tsubaki was also towering behind Sona, making the atmosphere even more tension.

    "Who exactly are you?", She asked in a harsh tone, with eyes that could literally stab you. But the answer she got was quite surprising.

"Umm...I-i am Creed, A-Anna Creed..."

To be continued...