Chapter 80

Grace's POV

        I can't believe I'm saying this, but I might miss the Real of the Dead. At least there it was free for all. The human world has so many rules. Ugh!
Could have warned me, you know?!

      I didn't wonder in the human world prior to their extinction. What makes you think I would know anything about it this time around?

     Well, your brother certainly does, Absalom.

     Death has been with Leon Creed for good years by now. He's seen the world thought his eyes. Meaning he, while not knowing everything, still has a better idea about how to proceed here than us.

     Sigh...you don't have to kill the mood anymore that it already is. I gotta say, it's refreshing.

    What is?

    The people there have no idea creatures like you exist, right? Neither the Horsemen or the reincarnation cycle. They get to live without worrying about the greater things... I'm envious.

     I fail to relate to humans. We're functioning on different principles.

    Are you perhaps holding a grudge against them for getting Eden, instead of the Nephilim?

      I suppose it's been a few years in the dead realm ever since I've met him, so I've had the opportunity to learn a bit about Absalom.

    Pff. Like I have the time to waste my anger on these feeble creatures. They had no choice in the matter to begin with. The one responsible is-

     The council, yeah, yeah. We've had this talk already. And I still don't get how are you going to pay them back when they've been annihilated by the Horsemen.

     I too have been killed by Death, yet here I am, talking to you.

      Fair point. But I don't think it's smart to take on both a supposedly alive council AND those 4 at the same time.

     For the fact that the Horsemen have fought and destroyed the council in the past, I have no reason to wage war on them, but because their powers were granted by the very same council, I won't partake their help either.

    Pretty petty~ Besides, that's not the impression those 2 got. They might really believe you're in for a war.

      Hmph. Think of it as you will. However, I need to be sure of something. I can't have you changing your mind midway through.

    Yes. Yes. I serve as your catalyst in the living realms and you help me find out how exactly did I end up in the dead realm, looking so damn young. That was our deal.

     Very well. From this point forward, we're partners. I shall lend you the power of corruption whenever you desire.

    Thanks. Heh. I wonder if this is how Leon and Death usually act... Must be nice to know you're never alone.

     Each to their own. Let us go.

Grace:"Yosh! Show me your secrets, Kuoh!"

3rd POV

     As the newly formed team was taking a stroll throughout Kuoh with the intent to solve a puzzle, in the Underworld, the young devils were having a post-gathering meeting, the peerage members present such as queens and pawns, being allowed to listen this time around.

Seekvaira:"This gathering has taken a turn I never anticipated."

Sona:"Ironically, I couldn't imagine this day go by without those 4 showing up. It would have been too perfect."