Chapter 84

Leon's POV

      Watching my father walking left to right and back with his hands behind his back brings back a lot of memories. Mainly me or Bruce knocking someone out and then getting in trouble.

Leon:"Are you done?"

Alex:"It's a lot to take in, you know?"

Leon:"I didn't say it isn't, ok? But it's out of my hands."

Alex:"You expect to just let you 4 go on a quest to defeat some over the top creature that came from the dead? This isn't a walk in the park."

Leon:"I know that better than you trust me. But there's no one else I'll leave it to, considering the enemy is a Nephilim. And that's final."

Alex:"Unbelievable. Scarlett, say something, will you?"

Scarlett:"I would, if I were to understand at least half of what's being discussed."

     Which is why I never wanted you to get involved with the supernatural world to begin with.

Alex:"I don't think this should be treated so lightly."

Leon:"Lightly?! I'm busting my brain to come up with a plan AND I'M TREATING IT LIGHTLY?!"

"Enough!"

      My annoying 'guardian angel' made his entrance. Guess he thought Dad and me would throw it down here.

Alex:"Ah, the Horseman, I presume."

Death:"...I don't like that tone, sir. At all."

Scarlett:"This time around, I can't condemn him."

Death:"I understand your retaliation, however the topic at hand is better comprehended by your sons. Lastly, I can assure you Leon is NOT proceeding half-hearted."

      I wish he was this serious when talking with me, instead of that annoying persona of hi-...well, maybe not all the time.

     That aside, I get the impression Death is treated as a zoo specimen, mostly by the Gremory and Phenex couples.

Zeoticus:"After so many years, I face again the nightmare that haunted hell for so long."

Death:"I'm positive we never crossed paths in battle."

Isaac:"We didn't, but our fathers did. Needless to say, not happy memories."

Death:"None of my concern. Can we get back on track with the subject at hand. The plan my partner mentioned is inp-"

Venelana:"Speaking of him, what particular reason did you have to choose him."

Cassandra:"Thinking about it, there would be better choices, speaking strictly about capabilities."

Death:"The last thing I'll do is explain myself in front of you lot. He is the Horseman of Death right now and it will stay that way, with or WITHOUT your stance on the matter. Now, can we PLEASE get back on track."

...

Bruce:"Your personality is slipping out."

Death:"...if it wasn't for Anna being here...I swear..."