Chapter 79

Leon's POV

      Well, at least we're past this point...I sighed in relief.

Bruce:"What's up? Don't tell me you were nervous?"

Leon:"This isn't some teacher-parent conference meeting. It's just it went smoother than I thought."

Jason:"Even that thing with Rias?"

Leon:"Surprisingly, yes."

       Pff. You did NOT plan that shit. Admit it.

    Not in public, to be honest. But I expected the shouting contest behind closed doors. Meh. I got through it faster. Works for me.

Desmond:"That's nice and all, but what next?"

Bruce:"We go home, drink like the little happy family that we are and FUCK THE SHIT OUT OF ABSALOM!"

    If only it was this simple, Bruce. If only.

Leon:"Desmond asked a good question. I can't use Dust so openly to track him since he knows about him. So it'd take a while to figure out at least a perimeter of a few kilometers."

Jason:"Isn't this kind of too much? We don't even know if he resides in the Underworld or on Earth."

Leon:"I'm not sure either. But I know for a fact he'll come to us sooner or later."

Bruce:"Probably later."

Desmond:"Speculating?"

Bruce:"No. If you think about it Abasalom alone can't just take on the armies of 3 factions, the Norse AND us on top of that. It's not favorable for him, at all."

Jason:"So, the best scenrio for him would be to take us one at a time, in the human world where we're bound to hold back."

Death:"Exactly."

Desmond:"Right. You're with us now. Great."

Death:"I can smell the enthusiasm off of you. Keep it up."

Jason:"Sigh... I'll put aside the fact that you kept us in the dark. I'm not stupid as to not know the 2 of us a ticking bomb. However, you sure you've got this?"

Death:"Look. If I wanted him dead, you think I would even trouble myself with getting his inner demons in check?"

Desmond:"You say that, but-"

Leon:"Look. I know you don't trust this talking idiot all that much. I get it. But have I ever given you a reason to doubt my trust?"

Bruce:"I mean...sigh...At the end of the day, all 4 of us have secrets we don't tell each other, right? This was yours. Kinda too big and important of a secret, but..."

Jason:"The point is, if something like this ever arises again, I don't want to find out about it at the same time with strangers, ok?"

    Heh. You have grown quite understanding over the years, brother. No longer whining about unfairness, but not splitting skulls either.

Leon:"That's promis-no. An oath."

Desmond:"And if you break it, I'll deliberately give Bruce all the blackmail material I have on you."

Bruce:"Oh, fuck yes. Come on, Leon. You gotta have SOMETHING. I need that shit."

Leon:"What you need is a good faceplant in the concrete for that Valentine's day card. The fuck?!"

Jason:"Right...that happened."

Bruce:"Oh shit. RAMPA-UGH!"

Leon:"Too slow", I mocked him, after giving him a good knee in the stomach."