Chapter 34

Leon's POV

... Suddenly, I got interested in how fast I would be able to eradicate the seven layers of hell... I guess I'll have some fun later.

Jokes aside, I don't know how to feel right now. Guess there's only one thing to do. I got closer to the table and- oh for the love of Christ, what is Rias and Riser's sister doing here as well?! This just keeps getting worse.

Anyway, they didn't seem to recognize me yet, since I have the helmet on, though my mother, Scarlett, did.

Scarlett:"Oh, perfect timing. My son is here."

Their attention turned to me, and oh boy, they were checking me out.

Rias:"It's a pleasure to meet you. I hope we get along.", She went for a handshake. That fake smile is annoying.

Leon:"...Got amnesia, Gremory?", I asked, removing my helmet, and their surprise was amusing, especially coming from Ravel.

Grayfia:"Leon?!"

It was my mother's turn to be confused.

Scarlett:"You... know each other?"

Sigh...this will be a long day. I took a seat and ordered a beer, no alcohol.

Scarlett:"...when did you start drinking?"

Leon:"thank Bruce for that one."

Scarlett:"Sigh, anyway, how come you know each other."

Rias:"Well, Leon and I are classmates."

Scarlett:"Hmm, you sure have some gorgeous friends."

Give me a fucking break...

Leon:"yeah... friends. I'm curious, how did you meet them."

Scarlett:"Oh, little Rias here was showing the city to Grayfia and Ravel, and saw me a bit lost. She offered to help me. Isn't that nice?"

Leon:"You're right. What a hero.", I mocked her. Said Red haired girl just smiled awkwardly.

That's what you get for deceiving my mother with your act. You look pathetic now.

Meanwhile, my beer came and with it, a very uncomfortable question, since I made the mistake of sitting near Rias.

Waiter:"Anything else for the couple?"

This was enough to make me choke on my drink. As for Gremory, let's say she was as surprised as me. Guess it's about time I try that tide pod challenge...

Leon:"*Cough* what? *Cough*"

Waiter:"Did I make a mistake?"

Well, it's nothing major for me, but if Hyoudou was here, you'd be in a world of troubles about now.

Scarlett:"Hahaha, I didn't know you were dating. Oh, I'd like a coffee, please."

As the waiter left, My mother kept giving me an annoying smirk.

Leon:"We're NOT dating."

Scarlett:"Oh, are you shy?"

There she goes again, I wish father was here.

Ravel:"Is it true?"

Rias/Leon:"No!"

And of course, my mother started laughing again, before leaving for the toilet.

Grayfia:"She's very... sociable."

Leon:"Yeah...and that's the problem. Leaving that aside, what are you doing here?"

Ravel:"...you suddenly got hostile..."

Leon:"My mother was chatting with 3 devils...how dare I not be happy about it?!"

Rias:"Hey, we're not that bad."

Leon:" yeah... Mind rewinding a few days back? I'm sure Kokabiel was there for just some tea party..."

Grayfia:"Sigh...I can't argue about that. Anyway, I asked Rias to show me around the city, since I may be coming more often here."

Leon:"...and her?"

Ravel:"Me? W-well, I was actually looking for you."

...No jokes, I looked around, preparing for a spear to fly towards me.

Ravel:"Rest assured, I have no ill intention towards you, I just need to talk."

...need?

Leon:"What for?"

Ravel:"First and foremost, I want to apologize on my brother's behalf..."

Ah, it's about that. Well, I can understand this reason. I guess the Phenex household doesn't want us as enemies.

Rias:"That wasn't all, was it?"

As Gremory implied, Ravel was hesitating to be frank with me. She's probably expecting me to refuse, regardless of what she would say.

Leon:"...come on, I don't bite."

Ravel:"I was wondering... could I have a your...phone number?"

. . .

Brain.exe stopped working. Restarting site- hold the fuck on!

Leon:" why?"

But she refused to answer. Sigh...now, I shouldn't probably hold her responsible for her Brother's stupidity.

With that thought in mind, I handed her a small paper.

Leon:"...this is it. But don't try and call me during school..."

The girl was speechless...I guess I really left a bad impression on her. Meanwhile, my mother was back, as well as her coffee, but something wasn't right.

Scarlett:" Is everything alright? Why is she suddenly so quiet?"

Leon:"Had a bit of an exchange of contacts. Nothing much."

Scarlett:" Leon. Are you turning into a player when I am not around?"

Leon:" Absolutely not!"

Sigh...and to think this is my mom who says it...

Scarlett:"Don't hurt the poor girl's feelings, you hear me?"

Leon:"For the last time, Mom. There's nothing between me and either of them. Knock it off."

This is what always happens when Dad isn't around to take the teasing upon himself.

Scarlett:"Sigh, fine. Guess I've pushed your buttons enought. Let's go home.", She finished by giving me a hug.

I took the keys nd started the engine, or at least that's how it looked.

Leon:"You'll be fine? it's getting dark."

Grayfia:"No need to worry, we'll return home as well."

Leon:" I see, well, see ya later, Rias, Ravel...Grayfia."

I go out to meet my mom and I meet all the people I don't want to...just perfect...

To be continued...