Chapter 62

Bruce's POV

      Leaving my brothers on the train, I was ready to meet Sona's family. Better said, the rest of the devils associated with them, peerage and so on. Thing is...this train doesn't bring us that close to the actual mansion, meaning we'll have to walk. Although, this raises questions. If the pure blooded devils hog all the good land, what do the others end up with?

Sona:"Earth to Bruce! Are you listening?"

Bruce:"Loud and clear sweetheart."

...

Sona:"Don't call me that while we're in public. It attracts too much attention from the lesser de-"

Bruce:"The what?"

Sona:"...those on a lower social rank."

      I don't particularly like using this tone with her, but she needs to understand that I don't tolerate cheap arrogance, be it intentional or not.

Saji:"Calm the hell down, hothead. Get used to it. This is how devil society works."

     Maybe. But that's NOT how I want my wife's image in society to be portrayed, especially when she has the goal of helping those in a more unfortunate situation.

Bruce:"That aside, what now? Do we walk there?"

Momo:"Well, a car is stationed near this location. We will make use of it."

Bruce:"Car? Can't you just teleport?"

Sons:"We could, but it is considered impolite to use that method when there are completely new members visiting for the first time. In this case, Saji. Plus, I don't want to offend the guests that are waiting for us."

    Guests? I have a feeling something's up...I don't like it.

Sona:"That being said, I'll see you there, Bruce."

...

    Huh?

Bruce:"So...you have appointments before actually going there-"

Sona:"No. But I'll leave you to find your way there, alone."

    You sly Fox. I get what you want. You think you'll teach me a lesson for using an inappropriate tone with you earlier. Fine then, have it your way.

Bruce:"Sigh...ok. I'll go there alone. Then I hope you don't mind me looking around."

Tsubasa:"For what? It's not a region meant for sightseeing."

Bruce:"Don't worry. There should be some kind girl who'd keep a lonely man like me some company."

     Oh boy. She's pissed now. Maybe Leon is right. Maybe I'm too much of an asshole. . . Pff. Yeah. Sure.

Sona:"Hmph!"

     She stormed towards the car at a high pace, refusing to look back at me.

Momo:"She's mad."

Bruce:"Ain't the first person to get mad at me.", But one of the few to actually make me think twice.

Saji:"Yeah. Well...fuck you, Creed."

...

     The punk actually dared! Holy shit. He grew a pair. Fine, little dog. Enjoy your master's attention for now. I got a 'race' to win.

    With a snap of my fingers, beside me appeared Mayhem, my trusty horse.

Bruce:"You've been here a long time ago, with Strife. Any idea where is this mansion? Yeah, things changed, but something should still be the same."