Chapter 98

3rd POV:

          Finally, the day of the big event was finally reached. It was time for Odin and the 3 factions alliance to have a talk and possibly sign a treaty. All good, if it goes without a problem that is. It would seem this event is split in 2 sections, adults and young ones, at least for the first half till the official ceremony. But in the current climate, it would only make way for more disputes, a sequel to the young devils gathering, if you will. 

     Call it a standard or just pure chance, but it seems the ladies were taking a lot more time with preparations. I mean, besides the dress there's also makeup and who knows what other conversations they might have. So where does that lead? A lot of prideful guys in proximity, and if you throw a grenade like Bruce into the mix, things might get heated quickly.

     "Stop pacing around already. You're  making me want to do the same thing", War complained to his younger brother. "Besides, you're not one to care how the women look anyway."

    "Oh, I don't. It's just that the longer they take, the more I have to guard these 2 over here.", Bruce motioned towards the pair of pawns, Issei and Saji, the blond one obviously taking more offense to it than the other.

  "Why am I included", he questioned.

   "... I find it insulting that you don't think I notice you're in love with Sona.", there was no malice in Strife's tone, more of a disappointment that Saji is overlooking feelings other have for him. "I may have negative vision when it comes to mannerism, but you're definitely blind as a bat when it comes to unrequited love.", he continued.

"How so?!", Sona's pawn wasn't above having a short fuse for specific topics, and that shows, especially when it involves Bruce, his 'rival' or at least one of them.

But even Strife knows when to give up with the useless persuasion, choosing to end it with a brief and less vocal 'take a better look at your peerage colleagues'. And he immediately stopped Saji from continuing on about how he knows of Tsubaki's crush. 

All this time, Issei seemed to enjoy someone else being grilled for once, whereas Kiba chose to remain neutral on the matter, like always.  

"Give it a rest, Bruce. He'll catch on eventually, maybe...hopefully.", his twin intervened, as the banter, even if one-sided, was too obnoxious to tolerate. Not sure if it's because Hyoudou made fun of him, but Saji decided to spill some beans himself.

"Well, in other news, before you came around, I heard some juicy details from Hyoudou", Genshirou spoke in a snotty tone, something that caught the siblings' attention. "Something about, bathing with the peerage...or was it sleeping?"

"OI!", the self-proclaimed harem king exclaimed in panic.

"Oh well, I'm sure that doesn't interest y-"

"No no. Please, do go on.", War and Fury were quick to cut off Saji. They might understand the 'moving in' part since they're a team, but there's little chance of convincing them there wasn't enough budget for separate beds and bathrooms. Jason's inability to show emotion aside, we all know why Desmond would get stirred up about it.

"Um, Bruce? Maybe a little help?", he politely requested as the space between him and the other was shrinking. But even Issei had 0 expectations of being backed up.