Chapter 63

Jason's POV

      I'm not sure what to make of Sirzechs' eyes going from my parents, to me and Desmond and finally to Anna... repeatedly. He better NOT plan something behind my back or things will get ugly.

    Putting that aside, he was nice enough to teleport us directly to the Gremory manor. At least it gave Ruin and Rampage some free time.

Sirzechs:" I welcome you all to the domain of my parents. They should be waiting for us."

Alex:"Waiting where exactly?"

      He has point. They are nowhere to be seen.

Rias:"They must be in the dinning hall. After a long journey, I'm sure you must be hungry."

Scarlett:"Dear, you shouldn't have bothered, but since you made the offer, I guess we can accept it."

      Hospitality, huh? Let's see how far will that take you. Anna didn't pay much attention to what was discussed, but she was pleasantly surprised by the interior. Truth be told, the manor resembled very much a royal domain from the medieval era. Since she doesn't know a lot about it, her surprise is to be expected.

    On pretty much every wall you could see some sort of painting or sculpture. I didn't take them for the art lover type.

Issei:"I knew the President's family was rich, but not to this extent. Looks like you have competition."

Desmond:"You realize their currency is worthless to us, in the human world, right?"

Rias:"Same goes for you here."

Jason:"You forgot that power is in itself a currency in an aristocrat system?"

Sirzechs:"That is true. You know a lot about our society, it seems."

Alex:"The humans had it as well, in the past. It's common knowledge for anyone who went through school."

Grayfia:"The human race really evolved the past few centuries, especially your technology. It's impressive."

Scarlett:"It's the work of countless people throughout their entire lives."

     Well... evolution and progress aren't always the same thing...

...

???:"Aunt Rias!"

      Love ahead, I saw a small boy with red hair running right at us, all just to hug Rias. If she's his aunt, then Sirzechs must be the father.

Rias:"It's good to see you, Millicas."

Azazel:"Your kid seems really happy."

Sirzechs:"He doesn't see his aunt that often."

Uriel:"He's certainly more likable than you are...oh. Looks like something else caught his eye."

      Oh, hell no! You ain't giving that look to my sister, kiddo. I can already hear your father scheming. Nope!

Scarlett:"Don't be shy, Anna. Say hello."

     Fucking hell, Mom!

     Despite my inconvenience, she hesitantly stepped forward and bowed slightly, to greet Millicas.

Desmond:"I smell trouble.", He said playfully.

Jason:"I think you-  Ya need something?"

     I stopped a sharp blade coming very close to my throat, from behind.

Alex:"Jason!"

    Before responding, I shattered the blade in my hand, and spinning around, I left Chaos Eater hovering a few inches from his face, as he desperately tried to cover it with his hands. Looks like a butler of sorts, kinda old. So I suppose he's got some bad memories about the Horsemen...?

Jason:"All good."

Sirzechs:"Sigh...I understand your attitude towards my guest, but this is unacceptable."

     So he didn't plan this. Ok then. I can play nice for a chance.

Jason:"You. Word of advice. When you swing at someone, you better be ready to get cut down yourself. Otherwise, you're just a coward striking from behind."

Issei:"Isn't that always considered cowardly? Something about honor and fighting etiquette."

Desmond:"No enemy is going to give you an easy time just cause you acted according to the etiquette. There's a difference between sports and fighting."

     Yeah...one of them has rules to prevent death, which is why I don't buy into it.

    Looking back at the Millicas, he seemed somewhat scared, but also surprised at how unfazed Anna was. That's my little girl.

    I put the sword away and went ahead. NOW I'm hungry.

Jason:"Let's go. And don't delay to decide punishment or something. That blade would have been useless anyway. I just didn't want to ruin Leon's day."

???:"You certainly fit the description of a walking cataclysm. It's nostalgic."

     Down the stairs walked Zeoticus Gremory, the current head of the family.

Zeoticus:"It's been a while, horsemen. And the 2 parents, how could I forget. It's my pleasure to have as guests 2 of the 7 kings."

Alex:"So you knew more than you let out..."

Venelana:"General information, but not individuals, specifically. It is great to see you again, Scarlett.", She joined her husband.

      I still wonder how does she look so young even when she's well above 2000 years old. It's insane. One could argue she's Rias' sister.

Scarlett:"I wish I could say the same."

Venelana:"...I see."

    The last thing I need is for the atmosphere to get this heavy. And fortunately or unfortunately, Sirzechs has the same opinion.

Sirzechs:"Let us not dwell on the past. You came here to enjoy yourself until the big event. Let us eat."

Alex:"For once, we agree."

Azazel:"Haha. Looks like you pissed off a dangerous beast. What do you plan on doing about it?"

Alex:"This beast hears well, Azazel.

Azazel:"Ops..."

Rias:"You're always prepared for a brawl, aren't you?"

Jason:"What gave you that idea?"

Uriel:"What happened earlier? Who just catches blades so casually?"

Jason:"It's not about being prepared. It's not easy to sneak up on someone who has the spiritual power of a nephilim. Only someone with the same properties can pull it off by themselves. Right now, that would be Desmond here, Bruce and Leon."

Venelana:"Speaking of the horseman of Death, did he refuse the early invitation?"

Desmond:"No. He'll join us, but later on. He has things to wrap up beforehand."

Sirzechs:"Understandable. Besides, I'm somewhat glad."

Alex:"Meaning?"

Sirzechs:"So far, I realized your son may have a thing for older women.", He responded, suggestively looking towards his mother.

    You piece of shit. What are you insinuating?!

...

Jason:"Heh. Says the guy with a maid fetish."

Srizechs:"...what?"

To be continued...