Chapter 89

Leon's POV 

     Most people would say this was a very long day...well, guess what...it's been a week for me. AN ENTIRE WEEK!

Death:"Stop with the monologue, pal. Focus on your phone call.", the lovely piece of shit whispered to me.

   Good to know that you still hear my thoughts even when we're separated like this. But hey, at least this time around, I can hit ya, so it's better.

Death:"Speak for yourself..."

   Putting him aside for now, I really loath this time difference between the living and the dead real. Why? Cause every time people tell me to stop complaining or get serious cause 'It's only been a day'... fuck you all who say that, literally.

Lara:"Are you listening to me?"

Right... In all this mess with Absalom, I forgot I'm supposed to inherit a company. So now it looks like I went missing after now even 'one day' of work...fucking marvelous.

Leon:"I am here, Lara. Go on."

Lara:"Go on?! There's nothing to go on with! Nothing was realized today, aside from the board's dissatisfaction with your attitude."

Leon:"Loo-"

Lara:"You even brought an intern and allowed her to skip work the same day!"

Leon:"ENOUGH!... I get it..."

...

Lara:"Why even try if you're obviously not interested in Abstergo?"

Leon:"And who else is going to take it? Bruce?"

Lara:"It doesn't have to be on-"

Leon:"Don't even try to shamelessly propose my uncle's side of the family, knowing damn well your sister is engaged to one of my cousins. Just don't."

Lara:"I know you hold it against Daniel, but his brother Edward is different, otherwis-"

Leon:"Your sister Cecilia wouldn't have loved him? Is that suppose to reassure me? Cause as long as Daniel Hyde is part of that branch, no one as much as kisses the CEO's chair in there. You hear?"

Lara:"For fucks sake Leon! Just drop your vengeance already. The past is past!"

Leon:"Thanks for abandoning politeness, so I can do the same. And Shut the fuck up about 'the past is past' bullshit. Wanna know what else would have been in the past? His fucking funeral if my sister wouldn't have recovered. Would you have told Edward, or uncle Stephen the same shit?!"

      Silence took over the phone, with the additional weeping on Lara's part. Sigh... truth be told, she, at the very least, cares for Anna. I guess you could say she's an innocent caught in this family feud. I know I am not fair towards her, but our families were antagonists to each other from the beginning. Kinda hard to collaborate all of a sudden.

Lara:"... You're the worst..."

Leon:"I never pretended to be otherwise. If the worst is what it'll take to accomplish what I need, that's what I will be."

Lara:"And just what exactly do you want to accomplish?

     If I could tell you, we wouldn't be in this mess to begin with. For real.

Leon:"That's beside the point. Look, like you said, I don't give a flying fuck about Abstergo, it can burn for all I care. However, I also know I can't leave it up to just anyone or else the company might as well go back to how it used to be, before my grandpa took over."