Chapter 7

Leon's POV

      At the moment, I was sitting in my class, listening to the teacher talking about different mythologies around the world...yes, it was a special lesson of history. Now, as horsemen, I and Jason were bored as hell, mostly because we already knew all this from what we learned and from the memories we acquired.

    As for the 4 devils in our class, believe it or not, they were paying attention. You would think they would know all about it, but it doesn't seem that way.

    Anyway, while running through different religions, we reached Christianity. That's when the question was asked.

Teacher:"Leon, can you tell me what it's believed to be the strongest entity for Christians?"

Leon:"That would be...god.", though he wasn't like most people imagine it to be.

Teacher:"Well done, but could you please look more enthusiastic about my lesson?"

    'How the hell can I be enthusiastic when I'm being told things that I clearly know are not true.', I wanted to say it, but I just nodded.

    For some reason, I got a few glances from Sona and Rias, probably they expected some other answer, but I know one thing. It's pointless to debate religion with somebody. It will only bring a big conflict...yes, learned from experience.

     Well, that was it, the lesson ended finally, I got my bag and slowly made my way towards the door, with Jason. We were ready to relax on the grass for a bit if it wasn't for the devils...the student council.

Sona:"May I have a moment?"

Leon:"What is it? Want another match of chess?", I asked bored.

Sona:"That can wait at the moment, we got other things to discuss."

    I and Jason looked confused at each other, wondering what was she going on about.

Meanwhile
Bruce's POV

     The lesson of math just ended, and I sure as hell prefer dealing with fallen angels than using formulas to find out the surface of a triangle and who knows what else. It's not hard, but it's a lot to write down, which I don't really like.

    Well, at least I could relax during my break, or so I thought cause the prince, Kiba Yuuto showed himself, to catch Issei. That much was understandable, but why in the world would we need to go with them.

Bruce:"What's the catch?"

Kiba:"I was sent here to get you 2 as well, that's all."

      What does tomato head thinks she's doing? I would have rejected the 'invitation', but...

Desmond:"Very well."

Bruce:"Oi, The hell?"

Desmond:"Relax, brother. I don't see a reason to be worried. What could possibly happen?"

    He...does have a point. I really am on edge, lately. Being thrown in this new environment sure is stressful.

Bruce:"Fine, but I won't hesitate to make him shut up if needed.", I pointed at the pervert.

Kiba:"I don't think that'll be necessary."

    He was right, the idiot stormed off by himself, well, at least I'll walk in silence. While on our way to the ORC, we picked up Koneko, who looked around the moment she saw us.

Desmond:"Leon is not here at the moment if you're wondering."

    She glared a bit at my brother, obviously being cautious of him, before walking in front of us. Sheesh, she doesn't like to speak too much...

    Anyway, in the end, we reached the club room, I opened the door and . . . I remained surprised. Why? Well, you don't see a Gremory slapping their servant every day. But inside my mind, I couldn't help but wish I was the one delivering the blow.

Desmond:"Umm, did you call us here only to see this?"

    Hearing his voice, Rias turned around and apologized.

Rias:"No, I am sorry you had to witness this."

Bruce:"That's fine and all, but...what happened?"

...

Rias:"He went near the church..."

He really does have a death wish...

Issei:"I just helped a nun-"

Rias:"Yes, a nun, who works for the church. Going near her can get you killed since you're now a devil."

Issei:"I just wanted to help."

Rias:"By going there you'll put all of us in danger."

Issei:"Then let me out of the peerage, I'm sure you can find another pawn-"

    And that's when the second slap came in. Rias was on the verge of crying.  Can't you read between the lines? 

Rias:"You really think the pawn is the weakest piece?"

   At this point, this whole conversation was going down the emotional path, which I didn't come here for. I cleared my throat to get their attention.

Bruce:"Could you hurry up and tell us why we're here? Leon and Jason are waiting for us."

Rias:"Right, sorry..."

     She sat down at her office and started explaining.

Rias:"It's about the fallen angels you encountered."

Desmond:"Those you deliberately let have their way for your interest?"

...

Rias:"... The problem is, I'm starting to feel more and more of their energy around Kuoh. Yesterday, one of them attacked Issei...again."

Bruce:"Ok, what does that have to do with us?"

Rias:"I wish to ... come to an agreement."

...

Desmond:"What kind of agreement?"

Rias:"Since this territory is under my watch, I think I should be the one to take care of them, in other words-"

???:"You want us to stay out of your hair."

    Looking back at the door, I saw my brothers walking in, along with Sona and Tsubaki.

Leon's POV

     I was right to be suspicious. Looks like Sona was wasting our time while her friend was talking with Desmond and Bruce. The reason? They figured I won't stay down and let them have their way, which was correct, but it was stupid to think my brothers would try to persuade me. Right from the beginning, they were wasting their time...

To be continued...