Chapter 16

3rd POV

       The day already started, with all members of the group training. Rias was in the library, studying different strategies and researching Riser, just what a king should do.

      Kiba was going head to head with Jason in swordsmanship. Saying he was shocked is an understatement. The devil got his ass handed to him. Well, what do you expect? If war can effortlessly swing around his usual blade, something so thin and light as Kiba's is a joke. It was even harder than trying to hit Bruce, who was really good at dodging.

    As for Akeno, he finished her training with Jason, and even though she wanted to continue, she had to help Asia as well, teaching her about magic and how to improve. Desmond was supervising them, explaining the strengths and weaknesses of different kinds of magic.

    On the sidelines, we had Koneko and Bruce. The young rider was taking a break after dodging Kiba for 1 hour straight while Koneko was exhausted after trying to hit Leon but still ending up being pushed backwards. It was a match of endurance, and to her surprise, the human was quite resilient to the pain behind her punches.

    One thing was clear, the devils realized just how much of a threat can the Creed brothers be. And that's just separately, imagine all of them cooperating.

     Now, I'm sure all of you are wondering where exactly is the pervert, right? How about I show you...

Leon's POV

     I was currently walking slowly through the forest. Yes, this was part of Issei's training. You see, my methods aren't exactly orthodox. This whole exercise consists of him trying to survive, so he can experience going against a stronger enemy. But something was weird, I could feel someone watching me, the same way as when I was with Koneko.

     My thoughts were interrupted by a rustling sound, so I immediately sent a flame ball in that direction and surprise surprise... there's Issei.

Issei:"Ow! That hurts!"

Leon:"You're supposed to try and survive, not suicide..."

Issei:"You expect me to run like a coward, right!?"

    'Fine, you asked for it.'

    I hit the ground with my fist and black flames dashed towards Issei, who started running. One particular thing about my flames is that I can choose what to burn to an. In other words, the forest won't be damaged. I could swear I heard him that he'll get his revenge for this, at which I said to myself:' Make sure you do this before the second coming of Christ. '

    I started running after him, throwing more fire while he was trying to not get killed. Hell, we almost reached the mansion, where I'm pretty sure everyone heard the pervert's screams. As you expected, the king wasn't too happy.

Rias:"What are you doing to him?"

Leon:"Training..."

Rias:"Where? You're trying to kill him."

Leon:"And that's exactly what Riser will do. He needs to get used to it."

Rias:"You do realize you're scaring him!?"

...

Leon:"Listen Gremory, you dragged him into the world of supernatural. You KNOW full well that he'll be put in danger a lot of times. Don't come to complain to me when you should've been preparing him for this kind of situation."

    It's one thing to be worried for your servant, but it's completely different to try to pin the blame on someone for something he's not doing. Sometimes I wonder if she's truly prepared to be the king of a peerage.

Issei:"ugh...what about our training?"

Leon:"You're done for today. Tomorrow you'll face Bruce."

    As you expect, my brother was already fired up. As for me, I went back into the forest.

Kiba:"Where are you going?"

Leon:"Going to pay my respects to someone. A friend of mine is currently mourning."

    The devils may not understand, but my brother got the idea, so they took care of the rest for me.

Timeskip

      It's been quite some time since I left for my visit, 2 days to be more exact. Of course, my brothers told me whatever I needed to know about their situation. One thing I didn't expect was for my friend to ask me for training...which is why my stay was so long. Anyway, not I'm back to the mansion and it was pitched dark, around midnight. You would think I would go to sleep, but that sensation that someone was watching us came back to me.

    I looked around until I spotted a figure watching the others sleep through the window. What was interesting was her...tail?

Leon:"Hey you, identify yourself."

???:"Ah, the human. I've been wondering where did you go all of a sudden."

     'So I was right, we have been followed.'

Leon:"That doesn't answer my question."

???:"I prefer to keep it a secret~"

     For some reason, I was getting some Akeno vibes from her.

???:"Hmm, aren't you going to attack? To make me leave?"

Leon:"Well, you're the first to not assume I'm a servant so you started well in my book. Besides, I'm interested in what you're looking for."

???:"I see, well, looking for a mate."

...

Leon:"what?"

???:"You see, I want power, so I thought that having a child with someone strong will give me what I want."

    'Do not tell me...'

Leon:"And you came here for the dragon..."

???:"You're quite smart."

Leon:"Of course. It's like he's suddenly the center of the universe."

???:"Ho, are you perhaps jealous?~", she asked posing. "Now that I think about it, you look pretty strong as well. Those flames of yours are quite impressive."

Leon:"Are you making an offer here?"

???:"Who knows~ But I want to tell me something. You seem pretty close to the little girl over there.", She said pointing at Koneko.

Leon:"Her? She reminds of someone, which is why I enjoy her company."

???:"Hmm, interesting. You don't see many humans like you."

Leon:"Well, I'm not exactly normal."

???:"Hahaha, you're right. Well, I guess this is all for this conversation. I have to go now. I wonder, will you attack next time you see me?"

Leon:"Only if you give me a reason to.", I answered quickly."

???:"Oh, we'll see~"

     And so, the intriguing person left. While it was suspicious how she got here unobserved, at least she's not quick to assume things. Now that I think about it, she's the first devil who didn't ask who I was serving. The pervert's luck is certainly something though. If it wasn't for how easily it becomes misfortune.

    And so, I decided to go to sleep and prepare for tomorrow.

To be continued...