Chapter 52

Leon's POV

Huh? What took you guys so long? The chapter just started... Meh. It is what it is.

Anyway, I reached the Phenex villa with Riser still asleep on Despair's back. Did I really hit him that hard?

Yubelluna: "My King!"

She dashed outside the main entrance to get her beloved. Chill, woman! He ain't dead...yet.

I put the body on my shoulder and began to carry him inside, or so I intended. Some guards stopped me before entering the house.

Leon: "Could you move?"

???: "Sir, we have orders to do not let yo-"

Leon: "I'll drop him...head first."

...

???: "Go on."

See? The easy way to bargain. Just don't let the other side finish. Simple.

Death: "Is that how you'll run the company too?"

Maybe...does it matter? I think not.

Death: "Oddly enough, I like your simple way of thinking in this case."

At least we get along. Imagine if we would be in a situation where you would try to possess my soul and we would have to fight each other.

Death: "Welcome to generic fantasy world 'weakness' 101."

Yeah...it starts to become overused. A lot...

Lady Phenex: "Welcome back, Horseman."

Leon: "Glad to get out of here fast."

Lady Phenex: "Haha! You continue to be amusing. I like it."

At least one of is having fun.

Leon: "Where do I drop him?"

As I said that, a girl from his peerage picked him off my shoulder. Nice Chinese dress...

Lady Phenex: "I hope everything went according to plan."

Leon: "So far so good."

Ravel: "Will he be alright now?"

Leon: "Well...at the very least, he won't seal himself in that room. Although, I don't expect to see him in battles soon."

Yubelluna: "Where did you even go?"

Leon: "Let's just say that...he understands now what death feels like."

Needless to say, she didn't appreciate the answer. All within expectations.

Leon: "Well. This is it. I should get the hell out of here now."

Lady Phenex: "Eh? What about your payment?"

She took out a bag... Really? I mean, I could give that to Dante for his debt...Nah!

Leon: "I don't need money, ma'am."

Lady Phenex: "Really?"

Ravel: "Mother, he's an heir. Plus, our currency in the underworld doesn't mean much to humans."

Leon: "Thanks for sparring my pain of having to explain everything."

Lady Phenex: "Heir? Interesting. But in that case, I can't see how could I pay my debt."

Leon: "A favor should be-"

???: "What are you doing here?!"

The guy throwing a tantrum turned out to be the man of the house, Riser's father...great.

Death: "Wish I could take over for a moment."

And pull an Ozpin on me? Fuck no!

Leon: "What got you so worked up?"

Mr.Phenex: "I don't approve of you being here!"

Leon: "Oh, yeah? Well, I don't approve of you enslaving humans, either. But tough shit, buddy."

I really wanted to avoid this walking bomb. He has a vendetta against me since the wedding.

Lady Phenex: "Calm down. It was me who called him here."

Mr.Phenex: "What could you possibly need from this...scumbag."

Same thing you'll need if I get my hands of you.

Ravel: "It was to help Riser!"

Mr.Phenex: "Help? HE's the one who put your brother in that condition! For all I care, the roles should be swapped!"

A loud sound was heard as Despair barged inside the villa, raising his 2 front legs in the air, threatening to crush him on the spot...

Death:"...Tempting."

Leon: "Halt!"

Death: "Come on..."

The horse came back towards me but standing between me and the big guy. I have to stop forgetting that he's still a high ranking devil. The fact that Despair is so worked up means that there's actual danger involved. Thanks for your concern, partner.

Mr.Phenex: "Keep that beast in a leash!"

Leon: "Gladly! Along with a mirror so you can watch your pathetic mug while wearing it!"

Mr.Phenex: "What!?"

The floor at my feet cached on fire, raising and forming strings that attached to me and were slowly burning my clothes.

Obviously, I won't just stand around. My black flames formed a cage around the guy. I dare him to touch the 'bars', just once.

Lady Phenex: "Enough! Please! This is a living room, not an arena!"

She gave both of us a stern look. Woman, I have a mother. You don't stand a chance with that. But I don't have time to waste on brawls. I clicked my fingers and the flames dissipated.

Lady Phenex: "Dear. You as well."

He seemed reluctant but gave in to his wife's wish.

Lady Phenex: "Thank you. Before you'll rudely interrupt again, Leon here actually helped our son to a certain extent. I deem your conduit unacceptable. Horseman, you're free to live. Once again, I apologize for our offense and I assure you the debt will be paid."

Finally...also stop bowing to me... With that, I turned to walk away. I wonder what my brothers did for the rest of the d-

Mr.Phenex: "What about the mark? Is it gone?"

Ugh... would it kill him to give it a rest?

Leon: "Who said I'll remove it?"

Mr.Phenex: "You left a stain on the honor of my son, my household. If you're really here to help then I demand you-"

Leon: "What about me, huh? My scars? Do you think I enjoy looking like a doll used for torture practice? Who's gonna make THOSE disappear?"

...

...

...

Leon: "That's what I thought. There are conditions to remove that sign...and it ain't happening anytime soon. Unless you want to get one too?"

...

...

...

Leon:"Then don't even bother asking about it."

I smashed the door shut and hopped on Despair. The nerve on him...

Leon / Death:"Coward."

To be continued...