Chapter 69

Yay. The school year is over for me. I can finally catch a break. With that in mind, i'll have to get ready for my trip to Italy soon, but I have the time for an update or 2.

~~~

3rd POV

       As Bruce mounted his horse and took off, his shouting resulted in the main door to the room being kicked open as Zander's parents and the Sitri family barged in, both worried and confused.

     "What is going on?!" asked Lord Sitri, while watching the Horseman's back, where his pistols were holstered.

Zander:"Nothing much. It's just that Bruce made a choice."

Sona:"Oh no... Don't tell me-"

Zander:"I'm afraid I have to. His course will take him to Lilith, the capital city. My guess is that he'll have a 'lovely' discussion with the elder devils."

    "Son, what exactly did you tell him? Bruce Creed showed no sign of having this idea a few minutes prior. Blair, I thought I told you to preve-"

Zander:"She's MY queen, father... She listens to me and ONLY me. It's not up for discussions. Besides, Bruce's trip will prove to be useful."

Sona:" I digress. You don't know Bruce like I do. He doesn't hold back when provoked and-"

Zander:"On the contrary, it seems I know him better than you do."

Saji:"Come on. He goes to the same school as us. Who other than Sona wou-"

Zander:"Which is why I'm surprised that you barely have any knowledge about his personality. The more one tries to restrict, control or say... Put a leash on him, the more vicious Bruce Creed becomes. I dare say He's more vicious than even his big brother, Leon and that speaks a lot about him."

Serafall:"They aren't that bad. They can be sweet at times."

Zander:" To Sona as his future bride and to you, Lady Leviathan, as a potential dating candidate, I'm sure that is the case. However, I will never forget the shivers they sent down my spine the first time we met. Their eyes tell a simple yet impactful message... 'Fear me'...

Blair:"My king. I believe we should also be on our way. The gathering..."

Zander:"Yes. I am aware. Sona, I believe we have enough time to meet the elders along with the other younglings before Bruce arrives. While Mayhem is indeed an impressive horse, the capital is a long way from here. A quick teleportation will do the trick."

Sona:"Sigh... Very well. Maybe I'll be able to speak some sense into him before he... Destroys the place."

Meanwhile

Bruce Creed was riding at top speed throughout the real, disregarding any living or non-living thing that entered his line if sight. He did not really feel the need for urgency, but the idea of what the elders might say to him was bugging him a little. Not from a political aspect, but... It's safe to say Bruce was aware that Sona wouldn't condone this sort of attitude. 

Well, Strife did not care either for her protests, but that much is pretty obvious. His thoughts were only interrupted by the sound of the other 2 horses tailing him. Safe to say that he was satisfied with the results. He purposely slowed down to allow the other 2 to catch up.

Bruce:"Hey! Took you long enough."

Desmond:"Not the time for your remarks. Now, what the hell are you thinking?"

Jason:"That's the problem. He's NOT thinking. You already forgot what Leon told us about laying low? Keeping out of troubles and-"

Bruce:"OH, screw him. I bet he would have done the same shit as me. Act mighty as he wants, He's not the key of a church."