Chapter 64

Another one for today. What do you say? Are you up for it?

~~~

Jason's POV

     Hearing Zeoticus talk with the pervert as if he's his son in law is really disturbing. I mean, would YOU be willing to marry your daughter to someone who barged in and announced to everyone that her virginity is his to claim? Didn't think so...

    On the good side, she's really embarrassed, which makes my day. If only Sirzechs' kid wouldn't stare so much at my sister, it would be a perfect day. Also, Sirzechs is really annoyed with me...heh. Serves him right.

Zeoticus:"I've been meaning to ask, Alexander. How is your new house coming along? I could have helped you rebuild it."

Alex:"It won't be necessary. I have people working on it as we are speaking. It's fortunate that people believed the idea that it catched on fire."

Uriel:"You can thank your son for that one."

Scarlett:"If you mean the reason we were targeted, I guess we deserved it, up to a point."

Desmond:"Don't start it. When I get my hands on the Chaos Brigade, I'll-"

Anna:"Stop. Relax."

     Oh, man. Not the puppy eyes...

...

Desmond:"Ok, ok. I get it. I'll be calm, sis."

     Speaking of sis ...

Jason:"Anna, don't you want to look around? It must be boring to listen to this discussion."

Sirzechs:"Excellent idea. Why don't you join her, Millicas?"

    The boy seemed happy with the idea, much to my dismay.

Jason:"Kalawarner, could you look after them for me?"

Kalawarner:"Huh? Why me?"

Jason:"Sigh...please."

     She seemed genuinely surprised that I was being so polite. And I guess she kinda understood my reasoning, so she rolled with it. I'll be grateful for this one.

     As the 3 of them left, it was time for me to stop acting all nice.

Jason:"Okay, Zechs, cut the bullshit."

Sirzechs:"What a sudden change. What could you possibly mean?"

Jason:"We would have been here regardless of your invitation, because of Odin, but you went out of your way to propose the idea of coming a few days earlier. This shows you need something from us, something you couldn't get with Leon here, because I'm sure that you're happy of his absence not just because your masculinity would feel threatened."

...

Sirzechs:"Well. I suppose not all strong ones are braindead. Very well. I'll cut to the chase. I want details of Leon's connection to the Chaos Brigade, as Vali insinuated."

    Ah. So you're doubting him. Leon already explained us Kuroka's origins and reasons so I DO have the information he demands, but why the fuck would I give it to him?

Desmond:"Heh. Like sister, like brother."

Issei:"What's that suppose to mean?!"

Desmond:"Remember back when you tried to rescue Asia? Didn't you hope to win over me and Bruce by splitting us up from our big brothers? What gave you the impression that Jason is any less stubborn than the 2 of us?"

Sirzechs:"I don't think we can compare a few stray fallen angels to a group of terrorists from multiple mithologies."

Jason:"Cause I don't care. Leon is my brother and I'm NOT disclosing anything he does."