Chapter 8

Leon's POV

It was obvious Rias didn't expect me and Jason to come in while she was 'negotiating'. Though I have to praise Sona's courage of making me waste my time, I can't say I appreciate being lied to.

Rias:"you're here..."

Leon:"Yes...albeit it wasn't easy to pass Sona and her facade. Tell me, did you really think this will work?"

...

Leon:"I'll take the silence as a 'yes', and Sona..."

Sona:"Yes?"

Leon:"I can't say I didn't enjoy the walk we had, but next time, how about you stop beating around the bush?"

She nodded in agreement, getting the message. Was I mad at her? Well, a bit, but I understand that this was Rias's idea.

Leon:"Now then, about your proposal... Denied.", I said cold-heartedly. Been a while since I've done that.

As I expected, she didn't accept no for an answer.

Rias:"I don't know what reason you have, but Kuoh is under the jurisdiction of the Sitri and Gremory house. It's our duty to protect it."

Jason:"Then why didn't you take action before Issei was almost killed?", he asked, putting her in an uncomfortable situation.

But again, the pervert had something to say.

Issei:"Stop it already! You should help us instead of arguing with us."

Help?

Leon:"I'm confused. Didn't you imply you wanted us out if the way? If yes, why is your piece saying otherwise?"

Rias:"Sigh...the truth is I wanted to take care of this myself, with my peerage. Sona agreed to it, But-"

Jason:"There was another factor...us."

Sona:"Indeed."

Desmond:"So you tried to use us to convince Leon to accept?"

Rias:"Yes..."

Bruce:"Sigh...are you stupid?", He shouted, but not out of anger, but of annoyance.

Sona:"E-excuse me?!", she asked, feeling insulted.

Bruce:"How low do you think of us, that we would do this behind their back?"

...

Leon:"Bruce, lay down."

Bruce:"Sigh, fine."

Jason:"Now then, what's your decision, brother?", He asked me while everyone else was looking at me, waiting for an answer.

I closed my eyes and for a full minute, I debated. If I were to work on this with them, we'd most likely butt heads over any minute details...

Leon:"Very well, Gremory. We'll let you do your thing."

She was already happy beyond belief, but I wasn't done.

Leon:"However...I expect you do take care of this properly this time around. Like it or not, we live in this city now, so hope it doesn't become too much of a problem."

What? You didn't expect I'll just agree with it without putting any thought into it. My priority in this situation is not having all out war break out over some petty stuff.

Sona:"Very well. We shall respect your condition."

Leon:"Good, then that's all for today."

And with that, we left, leaving the devils to plan their next move. Of course, my brothers had their own questions.